Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Bobby Cole, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I did a bit of researching tonight. I looked and found out that between this and other discussion groups, I have completed 995 posts. This will actually mark 100 posts just for this particular forum!
    Now, I know that many of you have far surpassed these marks but this is my time for joy. You had yours, and now, I am going to have my time.

1000 is coming up. After this post, I will only need 4 more! Now, things are getting a little mentally shaky. I wonder what will happen when I hit the big 1K! After all, you only hit 1000 one time and I am sure there must be some reward for that. A feeling of exuberance I imagine. A parade maybe? I haven't heard about such a thing in the local news, but surely there will be something. A surprise party! Yes, that has to be it! My wife, the sly little fox. I will have to act surprised now won't I? Uh, what if, no one knows that I have accomplished such a feat!? What then?!! No party, no parade, just my funny hat and a squeak whistle.

I do feel a bit awkward though. I do think that it might be akin to the first kiss. Your experience is totally different than mine so my first experience with posts shall be most different also don't you think? I wonder, as I get nearer to the mark, if the adrenaline peaks a bit? Will my hands shake when I reach for the "post" button? What if I have to edit and hit the edit button? Will I get a demerit for editing? Surely not. The completion should be when I hit the exit button. Yes, that's the ticket! When I hit the exit button I will have broke the ribbon marking the conclusion of the 1K run. Oh drat, what if I get tempted to re-read the post and it has disappeared? Some do, you know! Then do I have to do it over? Are do-over's allowed? What if I have my party before I discover I have to do my do-over? What then?
    Maybe I will wait and do my 1000th when I am more sure of the outcome. Until then, I will be happy with my 996. Hooray for good ole 996!!!! No party for that, but who cares?

2. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

On Wednesday evening, I will be receiving my 8th Yearly Retirement Visa and I always have a small party but this year I will be more than happy to toast your 1000th post as well! Nice work. Many posts that I have read on other forums have been just fluff but yours, although I may not always agree with your content, are genuine and that is cool!

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Selfie of Bobby's "First 1000 Posts" party. The parade was cancelled due to rain; but the party with the funny hats and squeak whistles was a great success !

image.jpg

PS: He doesn't know yet that I snapped this picture.....

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Congratulations, Bobby, on your 1000 points of light!;) Sending out a big Toot, toot!:D

...and Bobby says:
    [​IMG]

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:[​IMG] CONGRATULATIONS ON YO POST!

Joe Riley, Bobby Cole and Lara Moss like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Thank you Joe and Krissttina for the "high fives." Since that hallmark I have written about 2 hundred more which is a huge slow down for me. Too much sun to sit around and write but winter is coming and I believe all of us will probably be producing more writing as the cold sets in and commands us to hunker down near the fireplace. Hmmm...Fireplace=cuddling=you don't have to be a mathematician to figure that one out.
    Oh yeah, I guess you, Krissttina, will not have the affects of winter that we do in the other 49 but I will ask Ken to send you a box of snow. Or, perhaps there is an ice skating rink you can go and sit in order to get the "feel" of our winters. You might even be able to write an "ode to winter" in that environment! Who knows.

Anyway, thanks again you guys! Hopefully, by winters end, I will have another K and my wife might even bake a cake which we can all enjoy at the H&G.

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.