1. Recording Engineer

Discussion in 'Jobs I Have Had' started by Richard Paradon, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

I have has so many jobs in my many years so I decided not to put them all down in a list. On this and subsequent posts I will add some of the more interesting ones. One of the more interesting was as a junior engineer at A&M Records. My boss was Herb Albert (Tijuana Brass) and all I can say about him was that he was a very nice person. It was an amazing place to work at and I met and worked with many artists, good and bad. Unfortunately, in those days seconds did not receive credits but I still have the memories. One of the nicest people I had the fortune to work with was Carole King while she was doing the Tapestry album. She was simply a super person. No "La De Da" and she treated me with the same respect as the main engineers! My favorite tune from that album which I still play often is "Beautiful."

Ruth Belena likes this.
  2. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

You must have a wealth of memories from that job. I love Carole King's Tapesty album. I never get tired of hearing those songs and they have always meant a lot to me. I'm not surprised to learn that she is a really lovely person.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  3. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

She was simply a fine person! Yeah, I have many memories of the studios. Another fantastic person was Dionne Warwick. Every time she has a session she had it catered and the engineer booth was always full of great food. Of course, any good stuff that was left over found its way to my home! Perhaps I never got credits but sure got a lot of food!