Beth Gallagher
Well-known member
I often follow high-profile murder cases because I'm curious about what motivates a murderer. Lately I've followed the Clancy murder trial where a mother strangled her three small children with exercise bands; sadly that trial ended in a hung jury. Eleven crazy activists wanting the murderer exonerated and one intelligent man who listened to the evidence and refused to bend to the mob rule.
Today, a jury found Caleb Flynn guilty of murdering his wife by shooting her twice in the head at close range while she slept, so he would be "free" to be with his mistress. The medical examiner said the victim's head was so damaged that it took a while to determine exactly how many gunshots entered her skull. The murdering husband was so ignorant that in his 911 call, he stated "she has been shot twice in the head." She leaves behind two daughters, 12 and 10 years old. She's dead because she made the mistake of marrying a weak-willed loser with no moral compass.
But... back to the jury discussion. Many websites have discussion forums, including comments in the Youtube videos during the trials. I am usually shocked and extremely dismayed by the sheer level of ignorance that people display when watching and discussing the trials. Downright STUPID people that are allowed to serve on a jury (and to vote). If I were ever charged with a serious crime, I would ask for a bench trial because I don't believe that the average person (let alone 12 of them) is qualified or has the mental acuity to judge me.
The comments with misconceptions, opinions, disregarding of facts, and downright ignorance are appalling. No amount of common sense, pointing out facts or explanation of the process of law will convince some of them. I have to wonder how many people end up in prison because of clueless morons sitting in judgement on a jury.
Today, a jury found Caleb Flynn guilty of murdering his wife by shooting her twice in the head at close range while she slept, so he would be "free" to be with his mistress. The medical examiner said the victim's head was so damaged that it took a while to determine exactly how many gunshots entered her skull. The murdering husband was so ignorant that in his 911 call, he stated "she has been shot twice in the head." She leaves behind two daughters, 12 and 10 years old. She's dead because she made the mistake of marrying a weak-willed loser with no moral compass.
But... back to the jury discussion. Many websites have discussion forums, including comments in the Youtube videos during the trials. I am usually shocked and extremely dismayed by the sheer level of ignorance that people display when watching and discussing the trials. Downright STUPID people that are allowed to serve on a jury (and to vote). If I were ever charged with a serious crime, I would ask for a bench trial because I don't believe that the average person (let alone 12 of them) is qualified or has the mental acuity to judge me.
The comments with misconceptions, opinions, disregarding of facts, and downright ignorance are appalling. No amount of common sense, pointing out facts or explanation of the process of law will convince some of them. I have to wonder how many people end up in prison because of clueless morons sitting in judgement on a jury.