Odds And Ends

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Faye Fox likes this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Both also. You look good in those eyeglasses.

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have gotten to the point that I cut my own hair from the front/sides back to the crown and have someone else layer the back. It works although I get questioning looks from whomever cuts the back.
    Leave the front alone!

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I’ve been cutting my own hair for probably 20+ years. I do it all, including trimming the back. I always have my wife inspect my work and she always tells me great job. And no, I don’t think she’s secretly trying to humiliate me since I’m usually with her when we’re out and about. :rolleyes:

Mary Stetler and Faye Fox like this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thinking of my father today on fathers day.
    355122407_2520990644725682_5815816366193633736_n.jpg

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My female issues, that could lead to cancer, have worsened so I call my local Women's Health Clinic this morning where all my women doctors practice.

Recording: "Welcome to the Women's Health Center. All of our operators are currently busy. Please hold and remember your health is important to us and we encourage you to stay active."

Young live receptionist: "Please hold while I transfer your call."

Recording continues: "Remember physical activity is especially important to women's health. Enroll in our yoga class, go walk the dog, or take a hike -- click!" :mad:

Faye talking to her phone that has now landed across the room on the sofa. "Take a hike? I just got back from my hike, you digital moron.":p

I finally got my appointment made, a week and a half out, and only because of a cancelation, after a 30 minute hold. I felt like I was shoved out of line by the young woman receptionist and her rude digital associate, then the lined up young divas with fast fingers pushed me back to the end of the line. I called just as the clinic opened hoping for an early appointment on Friday. Everyone knows calling early on Monday with get you a spot, later that week, on semi urgent Friday. Appointments are never taken for Friday until Monday morning of that week. :(

Since what is under my skirt is 72 years old, I suppose it is less important than young diva hussies with their issues that are going to end their world if not addressed immediately. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Best I post down here with the bottom feeders as Bill Boggs use to call us. :)

I see a thread I put a lot of time and research into, taking a turn in a bad direction. It is sad to me that when others post in depth about a topic with documented references, that a few will just dismiss their thoughts and writing and answer with one liners or short paragraphs meant to shut down the discussion. No intelligent rebuttal, just repetitious phrases used by those that promote false narratives for political gain. A difference of opinion is one thing, but when one offers no intelligent discussion why they have their opinion, that discussion is dead.

I have decided not to engage any further and make Ken's day. No drama from Faye today. :oops::cool:

Maybe we could have a thread of agree and disagree. No subject matter or topic what so ever, just post I agree or I disagree and nothing more. :rolleyes::D:D:D

Now for the pleasant bottom feeding stuff. It is crazy cool here for June. About 30 degrees less than last year at this time. 71 is the high predicted today. Add a brisk cold wind to that and it makes for interesting :eek:

My patio tomatoes are loaded and doing amazing considering the cool weather. I can't believe how they need no support and have withstood up to 60 MPH winds. The 4' high pots were a good idea because they have loaded branches hanging down about 2 feet. They sure require a lot of water daily, even in this cool weather.

Yesterday was a fairly good day for me head pain wise, but not so good upper GI wise. Today my head is moderately bad, but my upper GI seems a tad better. I can't seem to get both together and on their best behavior. :(

The show goes on and now time for my walk that will require a jacket. June 20th and wearing a jacket to walk at 10 AM. Most years, I have to walk at daylight to beat the heat. Everything has gone crazy it seems. I have always been crazy, so I guess the weather and other things are catching up with me. :D

"I have always been crazy, but it has helped me from going insane." Waylon Jennings

Krystal Shay and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

June 20th already. Two more days and the days will start getting shorter again. Time whistles by so quickly now.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Without knowing which thread you're talking about, some people do that because they are trolls, and that's just what they do. Others do it because they have strong opinions and weak facts (these would be the ones who believe whatever they're told by the government or its public relations team in the mainstream media), and some may do that occasionally because they don't have time for a lengthy discussion but, for whatever reason, want to weigh in on the subject, as if it were a poll. Nevertheless, I get that all the time, and I don't always know what the reasons for it are. I see this when people comment to disagree with a video without having bothered watching it, or they make a comment suggesting they have looked into something when, in reality, they are simply parroting what some talking head on MSNBC said.

Added... Now I know what you're talking about. I checked forum content before checking messages.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Dang! The solstice is upon us, and my Wicca outfit is at the cleaners!!!

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

They would be, but since Portland Leather Goods manufactures in Leon, Mexico, I will have to pass. Besides I have hats made in the USA that I seldom wear. I should get another box filled for charity. I am still mad at myself for giving away the leather hat I made back in the 1970s.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I don't mind the Made in Mexico thing. I just won't do China unless I don't have a choice. :D I kick myself for giving away my square-toed Frye harness boots from the 70s.

Faye Fox, Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The long slow slide into winter begins....

15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Those Frye boots are still available. It is not to late to play biker chick hahaha!