John Fetterman

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Oz may have been in a hospital but to help others, not to be on drugs himself.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Got a mystery.
    So, according to the news, John Fetterman wrote a letter on a Senate letterhead to the CEO of Norfolk Rail urging him to help out with the recovery from the derailment in Palestine.
    Also, according to the news, Sen. Fetterman introduced a bill for the Senate’s perusal concerning railway safety measures.

The mystery? John Fetterman has been institutionalized for depression so who actually wrote those letters, used the Senate’s letterhead and signed them?

3. Jaspurr Miller

Jaspurr Miller Well-Known Member
    Registered

How disgusting that some of you are making snide remarks about a person being brain dead. You may disagree with his politics, but he's a human being. Shame on you.

4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Edit to previous post.

It seems that Fetterman was released from the hospital yesterday but that still doesn’t solve the mystery of who was taking his place and writing the CEO of Norfolk Rail and presenting bills to the Senate.

Perhaps a staffer wrote the documents and Fetterman signed them whilst hospitalized but that leaves the problem of allowing the mentally ill to do work in high positions in government.

Then again, a precedent was set by the election of Joe Biden and his talking parrot sidekick, Kamala Harris so I guess anything goes.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Freedom of speech can be seen as disgusting to some, depending on topics, viewpoints, etc. Regardless, the benefits greatly outweigh the liabilities except, perhaps, to snowflakes. As for Fetterman, there were, for right or wrong, press reports that he was essentially brain dead.

6. Jaspurr Miller

Registered

Still no reason to make light of his health condition. Makes me smile when the so-called Christians here think nothing of making disparaging remarks about another human being's severe illness. Not very "Christian-like" in my opinion.

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Good Post @John West ….
    If one looks at the Fetterman case in another way, he was kinda smart entering into the Senate race.
    He knew his limitations and the high probability of having another stroke or something akin to it but yet ran anyway. Why?
    Of course, he ran on a platform of doing some good for his constituents but the bottom line is that if he didn’t get the nod, he’d have nothing to rely on financially except SSI and SS.
    That said, he did run and won so that gives him $174K a year plus full medical for 6 years and if he makes it the full 6 years, he gets around $139K plus his SS and medical for the rest of his days.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Jaspurr Miller

Registered

Wow. That's a pretty disgusting comment.

9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The Fetterman case reminds me of one of Trudeau’s initiatives. It seems that he presented a bill that would give assisted suicides for the mentally ill.
    That said, maybe he’s trying to get rid of millions of Canadians because on two occasions that I know of, he called all of his own countrymen who opposed a couple of his initiatives mentally ill.

It’s a good thing we aren’t on that pathway but on the other hand…..maybe if it was just for politicians with a large decay of the frontal lobe, it might be worth talking about.

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Being brain dead apparently doesn't disqualify one from serving in the Senate or the Presidency. Trudeau is just plain goofy. If any U.S. politician appeared in blackface or played around with traditional dress of other countries,. they would be pilloried. He has led a sheltered existence all his life, so he really doesn't know what things are like. Apparently that is all fine with Canadians, so they have a right to live with their choices.

11. Jaspurr Miller

Registered

Typical that you and Bobby are trying to deflect my original comment by criticizing Trudeau. I am quite sure if I referred to any U.S. Republican as "brain dead" you guys would slap back at me with a vengeance. You are ignoring the point I was trying to make. I was talking about "brain dead" as a literal medical condition. It is callous and childish to poke fun at anyone who is literally "brain dead" or is otherwise suffering from a serious illness. You, and others here, are talking about "brain dead" in the colloquial context of one being stupid or ineffectual. Big difference.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For some, apparently, the test for determining who is fit for public office is to disqualify those who have working brain cells. I guess that makes it easier for the puppeteers. It's harder to control someone who can think for himself.

13. Jaspurr Miller

Registered

Again, I am talking about "brain dead" in the literal sense.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Or, for the purpose of diversification, it could be a trend toward giving those who couldn’t possibly qualify to play the game a chance. Kinda goes along with giving everyone in a game a participation award or making a 12 year old the mayor of a city for a day.

I mean, we have a bunch of pronouns in the cabinet who haven’t even accomplished the job of putting on their lipstick correctly and other simpletons strung throughout Congress so why not the brain dead?
    Perhaps we should also delve into electing the comatose in the name of diversification and inclusion.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am not seeing anything anywhere online that says Fetterman was released, or that he is not dead or not being treated for another stroke. I found a (supposed) phone call from Schumer telling some other guy that Fetterman had passed from the stroke soon after he went in; although there is nothing to support that either.
    The closest that I found was a picture, that his wife came back from the vacation in Canada and had gone to visit him; but people are saying that it does not look recent; so I still don’t know what to think, and apparently, neither does a lot of people on social media.
    Please post a link to the article that says he was released from the hospital, @Bobby Cole .

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.