Yukon Men

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Samual Yoder, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Samual Yoder

Samual Yoder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have been watching Yukon Men here of late and read posts online of how dangerous it is for these men.
    I especially don't like watching Chris and Jesse Moore episodes, these two youngsters are out of their element and should not have come to Tanana but I guess the money was enough draw for them.

None of these people are ever really in danger there are always cameramen around so no one is going to freeze to death or starve, it cable or tv entertainment no reality, story plots, screen plays, no real.

It is fun to watch but I don't take it or any show seriously, nothing to get worked up about it is like the old tv serials, it always works out in the next series be it Rin Tin Tin, Highway Patrol, Sky King, Spin and Marty, Timmy and Lassie, etc.

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I enjoy watching the shows. Sometimes I learn interesting ways of doing things. Also learn ways to NOT do things.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Never heard of "Yukon Men", but since they are near Tanana, they must be in Alaska. I've been on the Yukon, but I've never been to Tanana since I have no reason to go there.

4. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

their lives are extreme...cold...hard labor...I so appreciate my easy life when I watch those shows

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep! I could never watch survivor. What a phony bunch of baloney. Even in the shows where the actor is wearing a body cam and has other cams I seriously doubt they are in real danger or alone. They do these shows for money and dramatized for TV. Storm Chasers is a good example of scripted drama.

Don Alaska and John West like this.
  6. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yup, these reality and drama shows are anything but. I used to laugh watching someone struggling to survive alone in the wilderness when you know there was a camera/sound/script crew filming it with all the backup provisions they needed.

Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.