Young People These Days

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Joanna Newton, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Janice Lynne

Janice Lynne Well-Known Member
    Registered

Bobby, my comment, in its original context, had nothing to do with state governments' ability to effectively oppose Federal mandates. I said it in response to James Hintze's observation ---
    My own remark ---
    --- was in agreement with James' observation that if students were actually 'brainwashed' by teachers into growing up liberal, those kids probably wouldn't be voting so many Republicans into office when they grow up.

And with so many Republicans in office at both the state and federal levels, it would be credible to say that 'the right' is FAR FROM BLAMELESS for the mess this country is in.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I read perfectly well and as of this period in time I am not at a loss for any mental acuity.

The fact that sometimes it doesn’t matter who or what party is in leadership of a state when it comes to government financial pressures and intervention is very clear.

I wasn’t slamming you for your remark but merely trying to let you see the picture in its entirety. To think that such and such a party is in full control of a state is quite erroneous even though Constitutionally the intention is for each state to assume some autonomy in it’s relationship with the Federal Government.
    This is made quite apparent within the public school system throughout the U.S. The Government is in control as long as a state cannot or will not assume the full financial responsibility’s that each institution must have.
    As I mentioned before, 22 Red states have made moves to somewhat amend their educational relationship with the Government in regard to what will NOT be taught in their schools but if Biden has his way then those states will undoubtedly have to pay a price.

Lois Winters likes this.
  3. Janice Lynne

Registered

I wasn't questioning your mental acuity. I was trying to stick to the original intent of my comment, which I find pertinent.

--- As an aside, I have no idea why there's this uproar about CRT. CRT is an academic thesis from the 70's relating to the way the legal system is structured.

Our legal system is an ancient and convoluted thing, winding its way from slavery days and the post-Civil War mentality. I don't see how our legal system could be anything other than embedded with a bias against people of color.

As for what's taught in schools, that's not CRT! Common-sense and honest examinations of racism as it impacts individuals and society need to take place --- at a grade level that kids can understand. Shutting down even the most general sort of discussion and penalizing teachers for even bringing the topic up will only increase tensions and encourage the truly racist folks to keep doing what they do.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

School is not the place for this. Plenty of in politics and other groups to stop racism on all sides.

Lois Winters likes this.
  5. Janice Lynne

Registered

Yeah, but it's part of American history! And the American future! The country's demographic is changing so rapidly that by (I think) 2035 European Caucasians will be in the minority, with a plurality of various races and ethnic groups in the majority. This is projected to happen via falling white birth rates, not by immigration.

'Diversity' is inevitable! Gonna be a whole new country not long after we're gone! (-:

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Its a sure thing but no sense in causing anymore division for the ones left behind like our kids. We won't be the only ones in the minority,so will the blacks who also help to build this nation more so than any of the newer arrivals. Afica sure hasn't been that good a place for blacks ,if its not Hootsi's and Tutu's it's tire necklaces so they best watch what they pray for they may get it sadly so will the blacks who just want to live in peace.
    I just wish people would realize when they destroy us from within they too will be without a nation. Wonder where they think they will go?
    Evil ones want us divided so they can rule.

7. Janice Lynne

Registered

So true!

But I tend to see the 'evil ones' as Our Corporate Overlords, not as the actual humans who are being divided against each other. I mainly see elected politicians as opportunists who go along with big business and banking agendas for short-term self-enrichment. They've got more greed and malice than power!

All this hysterical and violent right-versus-left stuff will be our undoing! Not that our generations will actually be here to see it! O-:

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Me too and thats what I've been saying for years.

9. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

Entitlement ...lack of punishment...overlooking the obvious...?

Not long ago, a 6 y/o kid -tall / robust beyond his age- held down with his foot a two months old kitten and laughed while the kitten cried loudly. Fortunately the kitten was rescued but -unfortunately- the kid was not punished....and the excuse was "Well, is only a kid."
    Yes, all of you could say this kids has a mental problem hence is not responsible for his actions.....BUT do we have to wait until he kills a person / an animal?

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, that old saying, "kids will be kids" is a real crock. Although, many parents definitely go by that.

Lois Winters likes this.
  11. Silvia Benoit

Registered

For once I agree with you. That kid was lucky he didn't injured my cat; I would have reported him for cruelty to animals.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Do we really think that someone making minimum wage is really going to teach our kids how to be caring? Most of them have working mothers during childs first 5 years. Funny how us women go to work so we can pay someone else to raise our kids, cook our meals. MCDonalds didn't sell 10 billions burgers just to single men ya know. But it takes 2 incomes now to survive.

13. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Many are weaned on Evil.

Hal

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Hal it seems evil id in our way of accepting things that we shouldn't and tolerating the intolerable.
    This child was a grade A student, the most talented one in the family could sing,dance and always laughing. Then she met a young man and they got on drugs,she is granddaughter number 3 out of 15 grandkids.
    Here is a letter she wrote to her sister about hubby and I from prison!:( . She went in at 29 she will be middle aged when she gets out for armed robberyl. It was her one of her childhood friends working at Stop& Go store who was also a drug addict.She hit her in the head with a gun and got 30 years [ didn't hurt the girl ] .
    We are Nana and Papa in the letter is about.
    [​IMG]

15. Silvia Benoit

Registered

A child who commits this crimes should be watched veeeeer closely regardless of the parents objections. Yes, today he stomps on a kitten and in three years he pushes another kid under a car.

Mary Stetler likes this.