Yahoo News Today

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Just up on yahoo news
    German court convicts former Auschwitz guard, 94, in trial that could open door to more cases
    They go after the prison guards who were just doing what they were told but the people in charge and the ones that funded Auschwitz are not talk about. How about Bayer who funded and ran Auschwitz they was a few doctors who got a small prison sentence and returned in to the drug industry with a bonus. Double standard if you powerful and have connections. I know I always use Bayer rat poison because if they can exturminate millions in Auschwitz they know how to kill things.

Ike Willis likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When the death camps were taken over by Allied Forces, large numbers of guards and other low-level German guards and soldiers were executed without trial, while the German leaders, whose orders these people were carrying out, were given trials, while many were spirited out of Germany with the help of United States, British, Russian, and other Allied forces. Some of the German leaders were indeed executed, but others received prison sentences, some of which were later reduced.

Ike Willis and Martin Alonzo like this.
  3. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't really know how extensive the guards' role was. If they also tortured the prisoners, then they should be convicted and left to rot in cells, even at their old age.

This happened in Romania recently. This week, actually, a former torturer who "worked" during the communist period got 20 years of jail. I'm really glad, because he kept saying he didn't regret anything. It's good to keep scum away from the population.

Ike Willis likes this.