World War 3

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Corie Henson, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is not to scare you, just want to express my opinion on what I have been reading all day. In almost all the major newspapers are the news about Saudi Arabia poised to attack Syria. It is said that they have massed 350,000 in forces together with the allied countries. The attack will be directed to ISIS and the Syrian government of Assad. Much more, they had included Iran in the list of enemies.

And where do you place the US? How about Russia?

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't answer this question but I'm gonna bump up the post in the hope that someone in the USA can..I'd be interested to hear some views..

3. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I hate the prospect of war in general, but ISIS must be stopped. I think the Saudi's as well as the rest of the Arab nations should step up and at least do their part if not taking over completely. The US give the Saudi's billions of dollars; for what?

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For the most part, I don't think we have a very good idea what's going on here in the United States. I don't think that the regular people in other countries do either but I'm not in a position to discuss that. What seems pretty clear is that the United States helped start ISIS. We trained them, we equipped them, and we put them into power. Whether we did that in the hopes that they would help us topple Assad, which shouldn't have been our business to begin with, or whether we intended them to become just what they are, I don't know. I have a strong opinion about it, but I don't know for sure.

Why would we create ISIS to become what they are, you might ask. Well, when you consider that we have a president and a government that does not have our best interests at heart, it begins to make sense. In order to achieve more and more power over its own people, a government needs to have a bogeyman. It needs to have someone or something for people to fear even more than their own government, and ISIS serves that purpose. Before that it was a succession of other groups, such as the Taliban and al Qaeda. Needing to be able to declare victories while retaining an bogeyman, it was necessary to keep upping the ante, declaring victories over one group while elevating another.

In fear of ISIS, many (probably enough) Americans are willing to sacrifice their privacy, their liberties, and their freedoms in the hope of being kept safe. In fear of ISIS, Americans are willing to keep bad people in power, and to elect people and even to reelect people who despise the American system of government. In fear of ISIS, Americans are willing to put their nation further and further into debt in order to pay for things that we don't have a clue about. In fear of ISIS, Americans are willing to allow and even to encourage foreign involvements that go far beyond anything that would have been permitted by previous generations. To some extent, ISIS Is used in the same way that global warming is, only our leaders have found, to their dismay, that Americans aren't buying into the global warming fears in as large numbers as they'd like.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I think that the US could rid the word of ISIS very easily if they wanted to but they seen to be bombing empty fields The English just sent over one of their most advanced guided missiles and after 6 attempts using these bombs did not kill one ISIS and this was brought up in parliament.
    They play with terms like freedom fighters these are people in other counties attacking the government.
    Terrorist are freedom fighters in your county attacking the government.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"Well, when you consider that we have a president and a government that does not have our best interests at heart, it begins to make sense."

Ken, do you believe this is so? Please be aware, I'm not "poking or probing", I share similar sentiment; just want confirmation, which if given, will allow me to speak more "freely". FS

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, I do believe that, perhaps for the first time in the history of our country, our president does not have the best interests of the country at heart. He may view the degradation of the United States as being in the best interests of the rest of the world but I don't for a moment believe that he is working in our interests. By the way, whatever your political opinions might be, they are welcome here. As long as we respect one another, we don't have to agree.

Mari North likes this.
  8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Our enemies don't fear us, our friends don't trust us and the rest of the world doesn't respect us.
    The weaker our government is the more embolden our adversaries become.

9. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Double standards in the wake of the third world war. When Saudi claims they have nuclear weapons and plan on using them not one word in the media and the UN is silent even the Israelis and U.S. are not saying anything. Just think if that had of been Iraq, Syria, Iran or any other country.
    I am glad I live in the Caribbean and can have a front row seat at this stupidity.

10. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Then we have Turkey, who are bombing the Kurds who are fighting ISIS. Turkey is a NATO member, as if that makes it all ok.

11. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Sadly, I have to agree with this. I won't name names, but we've had some *really* bad presidents. I mean really bad. And not once before did I feel this way. There were bad decisions made, there were foreign policies that could have truly caused a lot more trouble than they ended up causing... but never once before did I feel that the person or people at the helm actually tried proactively to destroy America. How I hate admitting that... but my feelings are my feelings. :(

Frank Sanoica and Sheldon Scott like this.