Wife Having A Terrible Time!

Discussion in 'Senior Employment' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Since it's backed by nothing, all that it can do is devalue the dollar and add to the number, which no one really cares about, that is known as the national debt.

Lois Winters likes this.
  2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Good lord, no matter where I visit or live today everyone is extremely testy and touchy. I'm outta here for tonight.

3. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Lois stay up a couple of more minutes. The 600 dollars is a base for unemployment, the unemployed still get their normal UE. The 600 can be discontinued at any time

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

This $600 per month is for those that lost their jobs due to the coronavirus. Not for someone that was laid off before it happened.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Not getting my feathers ruffled, Bobby. Was simply telling you what type of cowboy I was, and to a certain point, still am. "Still am" meaning that we both totally promote pro-rodeo, are Associate Members of the Pro-Rodeo Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs and go to the HOF Induction Ceremony, are Associate Members of the Senior Pro-Rodeo Association and, when we are able to go back, go to the Centennial Livestock Auction to watch the selling (not to buy). So, in saying that, I'm not nearly the "wannbe" you call me! LOL Actually, I can still saddle/bridle a horse and use a rope (catch a steer). I have one of my Classic Co ropes here, if you ever want to try and form a loop and swing it.

My wife just told me, to tell you and Yvonne, "thanks for the info, but no thanks".

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

She knows this and will start her search again. Possibly, by then, jobs will really open up and companies won't discriminate so much against her for her age, experience and old Bachlor's Degree in Accounting/Business from 1997.

She would love to go back to work, either full-time or part, but if nobody wants to hire her, due to the discrimination things I said above, she will have no choice but to fully retire.

7. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Well Cody, I guess that you guys are where you want to be employment wise. I submit that you and your wife are content and not hurting in the least. If either of you really needed employment you would find a job. You really need to fall down on your knees and kiss your wifes feet for putting up with you. I never did have a ton of respect for a man that lets a woman support him. Just something that isn't done in my circle. Maybe misogynist,but there it is.

8. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Does your wife have any hobbies like knitting, etc. that could occupy her time at home?

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

First, she's NOT supporting me! She pays me extremely well (hypothetically speaking) for all of the things I do at home. She is totally fine with me not working and has been since me leaving my last job in 2007. I do get SS, which helps us.

We are so-called "hurting" for finances, but she would like to go back to work. But, she will only, like myself, take the kind of job that she has experience in...…….nothing else. That's our choice, like people who smoke is their choice to smoke.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Knitting???? She says, "that's for Seniors older than me!". She does like playing her iPhone games, watching her game shows on tv and boating/fishing in the summer.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Listen folks, she has simply had a tough time finding a job here, but this could happen if we were still living in Jacksonville. Her age is online, and if someone interviews here, either in-person or over Zoom, they can definitely tell that she's not a Millennial, Gen X or later Baby Boomer. She is 72.

She left her last job in August of last year (2019) and hasn't had one since, even though she has applied online to many companies for an Accounting/Finance position. She has set a few restrictions to her job search, including no weekends and not driving very far. Our vehicle has 168k miles on it and our winters are definitely filled with snow. It's very apparent that companies here don't want someone her age who could conflict with the Millennials and Gen X ones that work there. At her last job, she was most definitely the oldest employee.

Her resume is very impressive and, quite possibly, too impressive for employers here.

Hopefully, a job search won't be so bad for her come this August. But, unfortunately, she will have been out of work for a year and employees don't like seeing that.

12. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

How old do you think a person has to be to knit, Cody? I was knitting scarves, mittens and socks for boyfriends of mine who were in the service when I was in my late teens and 20s. It's not for real old people and just for a reality check, your wife is no spring chicken. And when she applies for a job again in August, after being out of work for a year, presumably she will also be a year older. So in all honesty, good luck with that one. She, perhaps should also apply for her Social Security benefits which would augment your present SS income.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Lois, an 85 year old person would, and has, called both wife and I "youngsters". Anyway, she simply isn't into knitting, just like she's not into sitting in a chair in the living room, tv off, and reading a book. Nope, absolutely not her! And, for me, I "Thank God" she's isn't that way.

As far as her and SS, she's been getting her SS for 5 years now. She was getting both her job salary, at her last job, and monthly SS.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, you need to stop fooling yourself. Youngsters...??? o_O Anyway, if your life suits you and the wife then you don't need to keep making excuses about it.

Bobby Cole and Al Amoling like this.
  15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody-- Do you or your wife have pensions other than SS? IRA? 401K?. Do you have a brokerage account? Stock/Bonds? CD's?