Why Did You Choose Your Location As Home?

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Bess Barber, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    Lake Mead is certainly very attractive to the adventurous boater. It's two main basins are 15 - 20 miles across; one could almost get lost on it. Those two are connected by a rather narrow channel, maybe 500 feet wide, with steep, sheer cliffs on both sides. After several trips out onto the lake, we finally ventured through that channel. After that, I started worrying about running out of gas! Bought a 24'Fiber-Form Cuddy Cabin new.
    Frank

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

I was kinda tossed about when looking for jobs as a job nomad and always ended up having to live in regions I didn't like at all. So I decided that, as a retiree, I'd settle down at a place which I always had pleasant memories of and which won't remind me of my working life. This is where I live now.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Which is Leipzig - Germany (for those that don't know) :cool:

Bess Barber and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I posted on a previous thread that I wish I could retire to Daytona Beach. After this last hurricane episode, I'm changing my dream. :D

5. Tom Young

Tom Young Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hmmm... how to wind friends and influence people?
    By being new, and stepping on people who have been here for a while.
    I now realize I stepped on this thread, with a post on CCRC's. Wasn't intentions... Getting old and it's a bit harder to find my way around.
    Apologies. :oops:

Instead of why did we choose?... more of how many times we Chose. Twenty two full moves since we were married. From Lake Cobbeseconte and Brunswick in Maine, to Martha's Vineyard in Mass, to Georgia, Florida, Texas, New York, Illinois,and all of the New England states. Mostly , Job, Army, or later on, for freedom. Enough time in Ca. to realize it wasn't for me/us.
    ......................................................................................................................................................................................................
    We live in "Liberty Village Peru, Il Retirement Center" ... by a wonderful stroke of luck.

Why? because we wanted the happiness and safety that it has provided us for the past 15 years.