Who Would Have Thought

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Tony Page, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

So I do watch too much tv to find out that the fire investigators always look for the location which has the most damage. Whether it's at an electrical outlet is one example. Even then why it started 'there' is the question still to be answered.

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Same here.

Absent an accelerant, a cigarette butt or a scorched outlet (or a spontaneously combusted human ;)), I would think something like this would be a real head-scratcher, especially after the chaos of extinguishing the fire. Decorations certainly will not be in their original places.

Did you catch this part of that Missouri store fire article that Joe Riley posted?

It's funny and frightening, all at the same time. And that store fire was at 9:30 am December 22. Perhaps the rays of the sun were at a low angle that winter morning, which is the time of year these would mostly be out on display...but it sure wasn't high noon in the middle of July. The perfect alignment of the stars, eh?

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

We used to have a nasty little game going as kids, seeing who could last the longest with a magnifying glass focused on the skin of their hands. I was a wuss, so I never lasted long. Some of the boys could last, I swear, until you could smell flesh cooking. Why are kids such barbarians?

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Now that's funny maybe we should put it in the script for one of the mystery TV shows 2 bad Columbo's not around. Maybe it could be one of the weapons in clue.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Sounds like we're the Pyro group, you're right about the potato chips every time I eat them I got a fire inside help me I guess we call it heartburn. I've learned more about what can start fires today which will come in handy Maybe we get the warmer weather and we use the fire pit.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I know that you didn't mean that, where to find some nice people to share ideas and stories.

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

HOW SNOW GLOBE WAS INVENTED - BBC NEWS

Meet Erwin Perzy III is the grandson of the man widely acknowledged as the inventor of the snow globe. His grandfather, the first Erwin Perzy, came up with the idea by accident in 1900.

Shirley Martin and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

Fascinating. Three generations of snow globe makers.

He said Granddad (the inventor) was working on "A better light bulb," so he filled an empty bulb with water and semolina, and the rest is history. I wonder exactly what path he was on there. It must have been out of sheer boredom. Or maybe too much Schnapps.

Did you catch the part where he said they sell 2/3 of their snow globes around the holidays? That means they sell 1/3 at non-Christmas times of the year. That surprises me.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  9. John Brunner

Iredell cat owner: Snow globes kill
    Her pet likely poisoned by liquid