What's Your Reality?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Mal Campbell, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

With the popularity of Reality TV nowadays I thought I would ask - if you could be a contestant on any of the reality shows, which would it be??

For me, I would love to be on Amazing Race. I think it would be so much fun jetting around the world, seeing the countries from their perspective. The challenges look like they would be really fun - well most of them, I'll let my husband do the hard ones.

2. Kevin Matthew

Kevin Matthew Veteran Member
    Registered

I like the jetting around part, but I'm not sure I'd want to be on any of those shows... With my luck they'd edit it to make me the villain or something! :p

Von Jones likes this.
  3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I think I would like to be on one of the HGTV shows, probably Income Property or Property Brothers or Rehab Addict or Kitchen Crashers (Bathroom):rolleyes:.
    I love these shows.

4. Mal Campbell

Registered

I didn't think about those - that would be great to have a professional come in and fix up my house. My favorite is Property Brothers and Love It or List It. They only problem with being on one of those is I'd have to pay for the changes myself - boo! I like Sell This House, if you haven't seen it, they come in and stage your house (on a tight budget) to get it ready to sell. I'd love to have a professional "stage" my house.

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I look at them any time I can. You're right about dishing out the money to have the renovations done... but just the thought is exciting.

6. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I like Property Brothers and the Income Property show. I don't know if Dancing with the Stars is a reality show but that is also one I would love to be on.

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't watch reality TV shows very often; but Bobby watches some of them. I think that if I were going to do that kind of thing; I would like the one about the "Pickers" where they travel around in a nice van and stop at places that look like they have antiques, and then spend the day browsing through stuff looking for treasures.
    Once they find something that they like, then they negotiate the price of the items, which looks like it would be fun, too.

Von Jones likes this.
  8. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I have never seen "Pickers" and that maybe a good thing. I am so hooked on treasure hunting in junk stores, antiques, anything that maybe old and worth something. I go to 2nd hand stores looking for treasures that most people walk by.

9. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think that most of the shows mentioned here have made it to South Africa. The only one I've ever seen is "The Amazing Race" and I love it. I'd never have the courage to be a contestant on it though as I'd never be able to cope with most of the things they have to do. It's a shame, because I'd love to get to see the world without having to pay for it.

10. Mal Campbell

Registered

Oh wow, I forgot about Dancing With The Stars. I think that would be my pick, it looks like so much fun. To learn how to dance from such professionals, and to have the beautiful costumes. I love to dance so this would be right up my alley.

11. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never seen "Dancing With The Stars" but I believe it's similar to "Strictly Come Dancing". I've seen the British version of that as well as our own local program and I enjoy it a lot. Now that you mention it, I think trying to learn to dance would be fun, but I'm pretty sure I'd be the first one eliminated. Unfortunately programs like that aren't for ordinary people like me :(

12. Adam Fields

Adam Fields Veteran Member
    Registered

I wouldn't want to be a contestant on any of them. I barely watch television anyway and very rarely watch any reality show. Reality shows now are far from reality and highly scripted and edited for entertainment purposes.

13. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not a tv watcher anymore, and haven't been in a very long time. I can honestly say I have never seen even one reality show; but if what I've heard about them from others is any indication then I'm likely better off--except, maybe, for some of the renovation ones that I saw mentioned. Those might be worthwhile.
    All those hyped up drama things, though; well, I'm a bit short on how to say it, but I think those might be a bit bad for some people in real life. People seem to get the idea that the things they see on tv are real life and that theirs is somehow lacking if it doesn't look like that. Goodness knows, most of us would do well with less drama in our lives, not more of it.
    I suppose a peaceful reality show would hardly be an attention grabber, though, would it?