What Unexpected Vacay Perks Have You Enjoyed?

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by D'Ellyn Dottir, Jul 20, 2021.

1. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

So I'm about to take a mini road trip to a placed called Robin Hood Village for a couple days. Then the Fire Gods willing, I'll drive through a forest and up a mountain range before sleeping on the edge of the Salish Sea, then heading home. But what I'm really writing about is the hot tub situation. I'd never heard of inflatable hot tubs, have you?

Many of the cabins for Robin Hood's merry cabin renters have these little gems under a charming (I'm hoping they are charming) private gazebo. I looked this up on the eminently reliable source of YouTube, and yes, these are a thing. They come in a box in the camping section of your friendly big box store where other fine Coleman camping equipment is sold, price roughly $350. Holy cow! I could put on on my deck.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've been surprised by an all-expense included perk on a vacation. Now I'm curious what else is out there --- so, what unexpected vacay perks have you discovered? Where?

2. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've never had that kind of vacation. Mine involve staying at home in my pajamas.

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We use to have a bus but sold it and bought a money pit RV now just a van we take to the beach now and then and camp out at Sate Park mosly.

Our bus,Shorty
    [​IMG]

Interier of bus,it had it all.We built it from scratch including painted[hubby was auto painter body man]Put captain chairs in the front from motorhome.
    [​IMG]

Money pit camper I never liked,gave a man #2000.00 to take it off our hands,after we already had $10,000 in it!
    [​IMG]

Now in our van,it has poyyy,bed,table inside,camp stove for coffee ,etc,.We don't have to stop for any reason 400 miles
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    Yvonne Smith, Faye Fox and Nancy Hart like this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery
    Love Shorty. Amazing you did all that by yourselves. It must of been a lot of hard work but fun doing it.

Faye Fox and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Vacay Perk????

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yes hubby can do almost anything he sets his mind to and I can help.The saying "thrown under the bus" well I got under ours to hold the nuts while hubby backed the bolts out inside the bus,helped him put in interior,unsulation paneling,carpets,etc,etc,etc.Now its back to the van.
    It was yellow but we painted it white,so everyone thought it was a prison bus,lol,which was good cops would wave at us and nobody bothered us .

Faye Fox and Nancy Hart like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

What?

8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

White is perfect. That's what makes it cool, both in appearance and also practically.

Faye Fox and Marie Mallery like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yes we liked it except for mildew on outside paint job in Florida high humidity,washing it means pulling out ladders huge brushes it was a job. But it was worth it.Inside was well insulated and never damp only the body if we had lots of rain or humidity.

I miss it teribly,hubby not so much lol.I saw him working on it and realized how selfish I was to keep it so I was online at Skoolie,net and said anyone wanted it $3,600! it sold in under 2 minutes girl went to wire me #1000 down in 30 min.I am a fool at times make snap dumb decisions.They drove it to Denver Co.staight from Central Fl. State Patrol no problem where we changed title over.Only yime in my life I loved a non breahting object,teared up for years everytime I saw a school bus.

Faye Fox and Nancy Hart like this.
  10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, dear girl, I am leary of inflatable anything. So what is to keep some old perv from sneaking up and puncturing the tub while you sip wine and enjoy the benefits of being free of garment impairment while the hot water caresses your body? No, I have never heard of an inflatable hot tub. I wonder if they sanitize it after a guest uses it? I haven't been on a vacation for many years and can't remember any perks. just overpriced amenities.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Didn't know what it meant.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Sorry guess I can be confusing.I'm so busy fixing typos that I sometimes forget what I wanted to say,lol.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You really need to write cheap drug store novels.

Yvonne Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  14. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Here's a perk:

One RV park we spent four months in in the North Carolina mountains had two "campground dogs" who were lab/golden mixes. Those dogs loved everybody, especially anyone who gave them treats. I handed out tiny scraps of bacon on a regular basis, so I usually had one or both of the dogs lounging at the bottom of our steps, head on the bottom step, looking longingly and lovingly at me through the screen door.

Get the urge to throw a tennis ball or scratch between some ears? Duke and Blizzard would be johnny-on-the-spot to fulfill any wishes you might have. Some tug-of-war? Absolutely! Need someone to lie in the shade of your lounge chair and guard against bears and make sure your feet were occasionally licked? Fine with them!

It was as good as having a dog of your own. They were also very happy to come in and watch TV with you on the couch, just in case the urge to rub a warm furry belly overcame you.

They belonged to the park owner, but they definitely knew which side their bread was buttered on.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you fed me bacon scraps, I, too, would look longingly and lovingly at you through the screen door. ;)

I had a dog that was the neighborhood dog. If she didn't come when I called, I knew I'd find her in the neighbor's house, up on the couch with him, sharing a bowl of ice cream and watching TV.