What Small Thing Would Make Your Life A Little Better?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Holly Saunders, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

yes She was probably our first female TV gardening presenter, she's more or less retired from TV now, although she's only about 50 I believe..but her first love is her own garden centre and nursery....

here she is...

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

*It's so hard to sometimes see that we won't be able to do what we can now like cleaning the home and driving as you said and I think it's a good idea what you and your husband are doing to plan ahead too. Good luck to all of us especially when we get older. Sometimes there are good new things for Senior Citizens that pop up now and then so it's good to research on the web every now and then.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Our plan is to have a stable source of finances like a house or apartment for renting out that would be our revenue aside from the meager pension that we would get. My husband's pension now is just $100 and that is just enough for the gasoline. What I'm aiming at is the peace of mind that we get when we are financially stable at old age. Right now we have a housemaid and also a laundry woman. So it is not far fetched that in the future we may be hiring more hands to provide assistance to us. I hate to think that we will be hiring a caregiver, I hope not.

Well, it's really sad to think of the scary future that when you grow old you become weak in body and in mind.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

*Sounds safe and sound. You are so lucky to have a sound financial future for old age. Take care!

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope your plan comes to fruition @Corie Henson the very least we can all hope for is good health in our old age, and if we have a financial cushion then we will all be very fortunate indeed.. :)

Corie Henson likes this.
  6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I know that it is everybody's dream to be financially secure at old age that's why we are working for that. However, I have a pact with my husband that we will not sacrifice the present for the future, meaning we should not sacrifice all the luxuries now in favor of building up our finances for the future. It's funny but true whenever he would say "what if we die tomorrow?"

It's difficult to balance the act when torn between the present and the future but it seems that we are favoring the present more than the future. No quarrel with that because I am also enjoying the trips abroad and other things that we spend on.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I figured it out. What would make my life a whole lot better would be 2 rokus and 2 antennas. That way, I could cut off the cable television and save myself a lot of grief, at least until they started nickel and diming me to death with the internet bill. I miss the days when we could go buy a television, plug it in, and it worked, without a bunch of added expenses.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.