What Small Thing Would Make Your Life A Little Better?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Holly Saunders, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not talking about winning huge sums on the lottery or major surgery ...but what small/ish thing would make your life better for you?

I know many of us could do with a few things that would improve our lives ..but ...

If you could magically change something today that would improve your life in some way, what would it be..

It can be serious, funny, practical or just for your own amusement...

2. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmmm... I'll stick with something tangible because it would be too easy for me to list something in the "health and well-being" category. :D Okay, can I say... A MAID???? She could do everything but the cooking because I love cooking and trying new recipes. She (or he, gotta be fair!) could be in my kitchen long enough to clean it and do the dishes and then would have to get out of my airspace. :)

Now that was rather major and you asked for something small... in that case, I'd probably choose an automatic dishwasher. Never had one.

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I looked at this for a while Holly and couldn't think of a single thing, :confused:.........now that @Mari North has mentioned a maid I felt that would be really helpful to me, as I create so much chaos everywhere so someone to tidy up would be good. A petite maid would be fine to keep it under the small heading.

[​IMG]

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Darn, everyone is saying what I would want. I would even let her cook.

I will think about this some more and try to come up with a different answer.

5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

A gardener or groundskeeper to do the heavy work would make me very happy.

6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I could certainly do with a maid, but the last time I hired one, I got this.
    th (14).jpe

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Ike Willis, but she can hold a broom and still have 2 hands free for dusting, etc. also looks like she can lift heavy furniture. She is a treasure.:)

8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

The down side is, she could knock the snot outta me, too.:)

9. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

You want to choose from one of these Ike they look as though they could sweep away your cobwebs

[​IMG]

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

OMG they look terrifying Terry ...:eek:

11. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Along the lines that have been mentioned, maids and groundskeeper .... I'll put my order in for a chauffeur..:)
    I just don't care to drive anymore! .. this would make me happy ... iur.jpg

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

I'd like at least one night a week solid 8 hours restful sleep...

@Bonnie Thomas yep that chauffeur would do for me just fine too....just to think you can just slide into the back seat of a plush car whatever time of day or night ...and let someone else take all the stress of the commute... Bliss!!

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I also hate driving, Bonnie. The trip to my daughter's wouldn't be so bad with a chauffeur. That way I could hold pickles on my lap and he wouldn't mind the trip.

14. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

What would make my life a little better? A genuine friend. Maybe that's a big thing. It is. I can't seem to say no so I tend to attract those who want my money and favors (not that I'm rich). I don't have the privilege that some have, of "old friends", since I moved every 3 years of my life and attended 3 high schools. That didn't help. I'm not complaining as I had a wonderful family life and many experiences like living in Japan.

But a friend now would be nice. I have a "friend" but she turned her back on me a few times and then asked me to help her with her family needs. I forgave her and have been helping her, and now she's grown more respectful and is fun to do things with but she's often needy. She's a widow of 2 years with 6 kids (5 grown). She always sends me graduation announcements, wedding invitations, birthday party invites for her kids and grandchildren (all of which require a gift). Then asks and hints at donations for their health needs not covered by their insurance. We don't get together very often but when we do it's always near where she lives on the other side of town and never near me…she always has some reason. I always question our "friendship" in my mind but then God says, "help the widows and children" and so I cheerfully give, especially since she's a sister in Christ but am cautious to say she's my friend. (btw, sister-in-Christ doesn't mean she's a nun lol).

A chauffeur wouldn't work for me. I have back-seat-driver tendencies :rolleyes: Oh, and I get car sick in the back seat.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Ina I. Wonder and Holly Saunders like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have thought and thought about this question. I enjoy taking care of myself, don't want or need a maid, housekeeper, cook, or driver (at least not so far in life).
    I enjoy doing yard work, and my weed eater and rototiller are two of my favorite toys. I have rakes, shovels, and all sorts of gardening tools that I need.
    My iPad takes care of all of my computer needs.
    I don't have a lot; but I have what I need, and am grateful. The only thing that causes me so much stress is not having a car that is safe to drive.
    So, if there was one thing (and I realize that this is NOT a small thing maybe), it would be to have a better vehicle, so I could know that I can feel safe driving somewhere again.
    Then, I would go along with @Lara Moss' request of having a good friend that lives nearby, that enjoys going places and doing things together with.
    That is always a good thing; but until I can safely drive somewhere, it is irrelevant.