What Makes You Embarrassed?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Boris Boddenov, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Men fart. Women have "rectal zephyrs".

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Channeling your dad tonight?

"Oh, the humanity!"

Mary Robi likes this.
  3. Logan Bellgamin

Logan Bellgamin Well-Known Member
    Registered

Worse yet is farting in church. Remember: "She who farts in church must sit in her own pew."

4. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

When I was singing in church once and the song had these words:

All hail the power of Jesus' name!
    Let angels prostrate fall.
    Bring forth the royal diadem,
    and crown him Lord of all.

However, since I have had prostate trouble (3 operations), that organ is always on my mind.
    So, I accidentally sang -- Let angels prostate fall ....

I wanted to crawl under the pew, and hoped no one heard me.

5. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

All the time, all the time.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Mighty brave of ya Lon.
    I mean, when that nice sergeant told all of us to drop our drawers and then told us that the good doctor was going to grab our stuff and for us to turn our heads and cough, I think I turned a little red.
    And then, when I was laying on my left side with the whole world looking at my anus and when that cute blond looked at me, stared me straight in the eyes and said that she was going to be the one poking around down there, I think I might have blushed a bit.

Logan Bellgamin likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I have been embarrassed a lot of times by something that I did or said; but I think the one that I was most concerned about was a potential embarrassment when I had my broken leg in a cast almost up to my hip.
    For some reason, when it would itch, it was usually way down by my foot, and no way that I could possibly scratch it or stop the itching. In desperation, I took my fishing pole and slid it down my leg, inside of the cast and managed to scratch the itch.

However, in that process the top eyelet of the fishing pole got snagged in the bandages wrapped around my foot and ankle, and i could NOT get that fishing pole back up out of the cast !
    I was in a panic, and struggling with the total embarrassment of having to go the my doctor with a fishing pole sticking out of the cast, and have him help me remove it. He would have had to cut the whole cast off most likely.
    Eventually, I did twist it around enough that it came loose from the gauze, and I was able to remove it from the cast. After that, I never tried to use the fishing pole when my cast was itching me.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Although I have certainly been embarrassed during my life, I am far less likely to be embarrassed at 71 than I was at 15 and moderately less likely to be embarrassed now than I was at 31.

Standing up in front of the church, at the age of maybe 10 or 11, to deliver some kind of prepared talk, I don't remember what it was now, only to get a bloody nose and not realize it until I saw the faces of other people in the pews. I felt like never going back to church.

Pretty much anything that I did in Speech class in the 10th grade, given that I was likely to stutter in such situations. However, later in life, I was able to teach more than a couple of hundred EMT students each quarter, and to be one of a number of people teaching ACLS and PALS courses to students who included nurses and doctors, as well as other paramedics, and I was able to address groups of people in various political functions. Yet, I was still likely to stutter, but a whole lot less likely because it didn't bother me so much anymore.

Today, I pretty much limit my embarrassing moments to times when I have gone to the store shopping, only to return home to realize that my zipper had been undone the whole time.

9. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

When I see someone waving and I wave back, only to realize they weren't waving at me.

10. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Not much embarrasses me now.