What Is Your Favorite Brand/Type Of Coffee?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Susan Long, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell
    If I were you, I would just go ahead and enjoy that coffee! The thing with salt is, I believe, overblown. The concern is that salt contains Sodium, which makes the body's tissues retain water, thereby squeezing blood vessels and increasing B.P. I personally think that is a bunch of B.S. The body knows full-well how to control it's B.P. PLUS, they never mention Potassium, which is vitally important in controlling heart rhythm, even though it's daily average requirement amount is roughly DOUBLE that of Sodium. PLUS, Sodium is found in abundance in much of our food, while Potassium is not.

Bananas are touted as being high in Potassium, so we should eat them more. Touting is handled by those in the banana business: to get the minimum daily adult amount of Potassium from bananas requires one to consume 60 of them! I use Potassium Chloride ("No-Salt") to give all my food that desired salty-taste I crave, thus avoiding Sodium, and gaining Potassium.
    Frank

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I find all the K-cups to strong for me, even when I make the largest mug of it. But I do love our Community Coffee, especially the flavored ones. :)

3. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

Trader Joe's Kona Coffee, but any Hawaiian coffee that's not a blend will do.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For the past couple of years, I have been drinking Black Rifle coffee almost exclusively. I get three bags each month, their choice, so I get to try a lot different flavors.

5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Peet's medium roast from Brazil.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Currently it's San Francisco Bay "Fog Chaser."

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Bobby is still enjoying the McCafé Columbian, and I just ordered him more of the K-cups for when he just wants a cup of coffee later in the day. Our new percolator is supposed to arrive today, and then he can make his morning 12 cups of coffee in the percolator.
    My last walmart order, they sent me the red label McCafe Premium instead of the blue label Columbian, and Bobby doesn’t like the red label coffee; so I have been using some of that for my morning cup of coffee, and I like it a lot.
    It is not as strong as the Columbian, and it has an amazing aroma and flavor.

8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I got coffee at a Starbucks at Ohare Airport once. LOVED it but thought it should be a controlled substance. The bagged stuff is nothing like it. I don't get coffee at shops. But would like an IV that we could just plug it from coffee maker to arm.:rolleyes:

Yvonne Smith likes this.