What Do Protesters Want?

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by John Brunner, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Truth? Your statement is fraught with innuendo and vague remarks.

Jeff Elohim and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Did you read the posts from someone else about the ones who are pulling the strings, about the puppets, about the ones who made the strings ?
    It is all related.... (I thought/ think it was earlier in this thread.... but might be in another thread) ...

I always tought that the truth, even when vague,
    is better than the puppet strings and those controlling them , deceiving the vast majority...
    or
    do you prefer everyone stop thinking, and just accept what the controllers want ?

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that what @Terry Coywin is trying to explain, is that your rambling style of writing makes your post really difficult to understand, @Jeff Elohim , not that what you are saying is wrong. She is not saying that your premise is wrong, but that it is “fraught with innuendo and vague remarks”, which it definitely is.

If you can use proper punctuation, paragraphs, and spaces where they need to be (rather than here and there for no discernible reason), then it would help us to understand you better.
    You have a post of words strung together with spaces and lots of dots, so I am also confused by a lot of what you are trying to say, and a more objective format would help a lot , if you can do that.

4. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

So, :) ,

the 'protesters'

want more 'clarity' ? ( I agree )

Workin on it....... :) .......

... and also glad for comments and questions ( back and forth , even in disagreement, to learn what people are thinking and to gradually present the "big picture" that is not possible in just a few posts or threads ) ....

Many times, btw, I just type, and don't have a full idea, nor an agenda, to get across - rather a more of "there's this..." and "then there's this..." and also "this..." step by step ....

maybe like trying to describe an elephant piece by piece ? (each person sees different pieces and /or from different angles )

5. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

Are you Americans ashamed or just shocked over what took place at the Capital building yesterday?

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I suspect we're being told a story that is somewhat less than accurate, so I have no opinion.

7. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

It was a mess for certain and not the way to do things.

8. Yvonne Smith

All four of those people are known antifa BLM rioters, and hopefully, they have all been arrested. This bunch of jerks deliberately set up people who were at the capitol for a peaceful rally, who were then blamed for causing the problem even though they were only peacefully protesting where they were allowed.
    Apparently , some of the crowd followed whoever was ahead of them, and the videos show the police letting people in, and motioning them to come in, so the Trump supporters had no idea what was abut to happen.

I think that it is extremely RUDE that you should ask Americans if we are ashamed, because none of here (and most other Americans) had anything at all to do with this, @Craig Wilson !
    Why would you suggest such a thing ?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I am more angry than ashamed. Not only at the trump supporting rioters that attempted a coup on our government, but at the thousands of citizens as evidenced by a few that post here, that defend the indefensible. I have railed against just this since the man was elected.
    Everry time I have been shouted down by the former presidents faithful. He could cause the taking of the capitol building and his supporters will cheer him!
    There are what, maybe three four other right thinking members on this board that venture some mild criticism of this administration, but scurry away when confronted.
    Maybe I don't get the back up because I am as crass as the donald in my own way?

10. Craig Wilson

Registered

As an outsider I saw something that I figured would shame Americans. People trying to invade the Capitol building. If that had happened in my country.. I'd call it non Australian and I'd be very ashamed. If I have offended not my intention @Yvonne Smith.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Thomas Stearn and Nancy Hart like this.
  11. Craig Wilson

Registered

Seems everytime I post you shoot it down @Yvonne Smith. Perhaps best if I dont post here anymore then...

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

It was the antifa people who have been doing ALL of the rioting and the trashing and burning and attacks, for the last two or more years. Of course the American people hate that this is happening, and I guess that we are ashamed that the liberal mayors and governors just keep letting it happen, and even want to take away our law enforcement, or stop them from fighting back against antifa and the other rioters.

I am ashamed that we do not have politicians here that will stand for our president, and I think that most Americans are also ashamed of that. Many people are leaving both political parties, and I think that we will have more independent people voting and also running for office after this, assuming that we can stop the voter fraud that has been happening this year. We have always been a country that honors our president, and it saddens me terribly to see how poorly even his own part treats him, and how they do not stand up for America.

I didn’t mean to “shoot you down”, as you said, and I apologize that it came across that way. I just didn’t understand how you could think that all Americans should be ashamed of what the rioters do, @Craig Wilson .

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Craig Wilson

Registered

I saw news stories that even Republicans were calling this a disgrace and incitement to violence by the President. One even called it an act of insurrection. So did these Antifa anarchists infiltrate the Trump supporters?

Apology accepted Yvonne.

@Yvonne Smith.

14. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Craig, the man in the horns is not with Antifa. He has been identified as Jake Angeli. He is a pro-Trump adherent of the Q-Anon conspiracy theory, and is sometimes called the "Q-Anon Shaman."

He is shown in normal clothes in this picture posted on his Facebook page with Rudy Giuliani at a rally in Phoenix in November.

[​IMG]

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Craig Wilson

Registered

Nancy perhaps you need to be telling Yvonne that.