Water Shoes

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had heard of water shoes before but the ones I had seen were kind of gaudy and looked pretty cheap. However, I bought a pair and kind of like them.

From their name, you might have guessed that they are made to get wet, and that is one of the advantages of them. They're not at all waterproof. They are not going to keep your feet from getting wet, but they might keep them from staying wet.

They are full of holes that allow water to move in and out of the shoe, as might occur when you're at the beach or out in the rain. Because of this, while your feet will get wet, it doesn't take very long for them to dry up again once your feet are no longer in the water. Hence, their name and a primary purpose for them.

However, some of them have soles that are thick enough that it feels like you're wearing regular tennis shoes, or sneakers, or whatever you might call them. Your feet are likely to get wet wearing tennis shoes too, but it will take longer for them to dry out afterward. Wearing socks, as I am below, my feet would stay wet longer, of course, because the sock would absorb the water.

They (or at least the pair that I have) go on much like socks, but they wear like tennis shoes and dry up as if you were wearing flip-flops, and I think they're even more comfortable, even when I don't anticipate getting wet.

There are several types of water shoes, ranging in price from a few dollars to $30 or more. Mine are in the lower mid-range. While mine have laces, they are not the kind that you tie. I can press them in to loosen or pull them out to tighten.

IMG_0330.jpeg

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Nice. Those look comfy. I have some water shoes but they are more like sandals.

And of course, your topic has forced me to pull out this oldie again.... :D

dignity.png

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have since bought a couple of pairs of water shoes and I love them.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

6 beans at Walmart and they are great to train in. Of course, mine aren’t as nice looking as yours but still, I wear whatever feels comfortable with my toe socks.

Beth Gallagher and Ken Anderson like this.