Vaccine News

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Trevalius Guyus, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

And now another new one Omicron. It has and is still an endless battle with this Virus. I am pretty sure I am done with getting any more vaccines of any kind. Because of the auto immune disease is the main reason we got the virus vaccines - all three. Still trying to decide if we really need a Flu vaccine this year.
    So very weary of it all, and do not think the Virus will be eliminated, in my life time anyway.
    Like all things in life - vaccine or not - its it's a toss up .

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Many of my friends and family have gotten the fu shots every year, my hubby and I do not. Many of my friends have gotten the flu, then. We have not. Eating well, keeping up with supplements (especially vitamin d3, zinc copper) supporting the immune system is the most important thing.
    I am with you, Hedi Mitchell.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's horrible, isn't it?

I commented earlier about a friend who Got The Shot partly because of existing health issues but mostly due to pressure from his wife and 21 year old daughter. He and I were talking about it, as he is worried about whether or not he made the right decision for his own health. I told him "So you are sitting on that side of the table wondering if getting the shot was the right thing to do because of the horror stories you have heard about getting the vax, and I'm sitting on this side of the table wondering if NOT getting the shot was the right thing to do because of the horror stories I've heard from NOT getting the vax."

People are intentionally being kept into a state of literal Life & Death fear, and none of us have clear honest facts with which to make a decision. At first the "turn brother against brother" tactic worked, but now that we're looking at an unending number of boosters, people are--as you say--weary. We're weary of the inconsistencies and the "no end in sight"of it all. So I guess as with everything else, once we get sick & tired of being sick & tired, we go back to living our normal lives as best we can.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Thing is, Mary, not all Seniors want to "eat well", or what they should. And, some immune systems just can't be that good to fight off something.

Back in 2014, I believe, I didn't get the Senior High Dose Flu shot and wound up with the flu over a holiday weekend. I actually told my wife that I thought I was going to die, due to so much coughing. The coughing finally slowed down, so we waited until Monday to see a doctor. After an x-ray, and that it showed I had a spot of pneumonia in one lung, we both get that vaccine yearly. My VA doctor told me "the vaccine won't stop you from getting the flu/pneumonia, but the outcome will be much, much better. No hospitalization or anything.

From my previous medical experience, there are those Seniors that don't get vaccines for anything and they do ok, BUT, then there are those that don't do ok and wind up in the ER or ICU.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Our sentiments exactly,nothing to add here.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Last time I hgot the flu in 2003 I thought I was going to die.I couldn't even sit up or move ,but still no flu vax since we don't go anywhere now anyway and nobody visits since the pandemic. Last saw my 3 kids when they did the stents in 2020 when they visited me in hospital.All others Thjanksgiving of 2019

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

For us, we will get, and have gotten, all vaccines our doctors recommend us to get. Covid 19, Booster, flu, Shingles. If my VA doctor tells me "get it" or my wife's Medicare doctor says the same thing............we get/have got it.

Now, that's us. Everyone else has to make their own decision.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  9. John Brunner

It's interesting that there is no way to prove this stuff one way or another. I'm like Mary...I never get the flu shot, and I never get the flu. The last time I had the flu real bad was in 1980. I still remember falling asleep in a hot tub of water with my unfinished mug of Jack+lemon juice+honey+hot water by my side. There have been times since then I've kind of felt like I may be "coming down with something," but that feeling lasts less than a day, and then it's gone.

I just commented about the seemingly uniform rate of COVID infections in counties whose population densities vary by a factor of 40x (2,800 people per square mile versus 67 people per square mile), showing that living in over-crowded conditions does not increase the reported rate of transmission (in other words, living in "super-spreader" counties does not cause super-spreading.)

I guess it might be self-evident that so much of any illness is driven by our individual genetics, but all the obsession over COVID has put a really fine point on it. This is why some people are well-advised to get an annual flu shot while others can rely on their immune systems. COVID may have magnified this effect. Some people test COVID positive and never felt sick, while others die from it (and I'm referring to young healthy people dying who are not in an at-risk class.)

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Marie Mallery likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Others of us don't want to get the vaccine.

12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

It is good either way. That is what I love about this country, or at least what our country has been till now.

13. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hard Data Shows Covid Vaccines Don't Work: That is the title of the article in American Thinker this morning. The article's author ends with the following statement:

For governments to pursue high vaccination rates with the obviously ineffective vaccines is misguided and counterproductive. It is also highly irresponsible and dangerous because of the vaccines’ extensive and severe side effects.

John Nopales and John Brunner like this.
  14. John Brunner

At some point no reasonable person can conclude that The Shot has anything to do with COVID "vaccination."

John West and John Nopales like this.
  15. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

My health care system recommends tetanus, shingles and flu vaccines. I feel that if I haven’t contracted the first two by now at the age of 78, why bother now with a vaccine. I have gotten the flu shot on and off, but since it mutates annually, it’s hit and miss if the vaccine will prevent the current strain. Covid is in a whole other league however because it could be lethal whereas the others not. So I took a wait and see approach to see if there were any negative effects from the vaccine, and when there didn't seem to be any, I got the three. While I would rather not, I’ll probably get numbers 4, 5, and 6 if I have to. It’s all we have to work with along with masks and distancing.

Nancy Hart likes this.