Use Of A Mask

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Is it time to wake up to this tyranny
    The New World Order is Already Launched

2. Martin Alonzo

Registered

This woman was cocked and thrown to the ground for not wearing a mask. In Australia they have gone into a complete dictatorship. They are smashing car windows and dragging out people who do not wear a mask in their cars.
    ScreenShot_20200812092651.png

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My former doctor and her husband are coming over for breakfast tomorrow. They still live in town but she's working at an Indian reservation now. We used to meet at a restaurant here in town periodically for breakfast but they are only doing take-out stuff now, so they're coming over. We became friends. She called to ask about wearing a mask. She only wears masks when she's at work, because it's required, which I figured because I saw her in the grocery store without one a week or so ago. My current doctor doesn't think it's sensible to wear masks in most places either, and didn't require it at her office until our non-medically-trained Democrat governor mandated it.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

I'm going to refrain from buying one but I found my new favorite mask. It's an actual product, by the way.

facehugger.jpg

Ed Wilson likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Yesterday, I had an interesting experience, and it made me very angry. I had read before that it was much safer to take a person’s temperature on the wrist than to point the infrared thermometer at their forehead. Some doctors are concerned that it could affect the pineal gland, because it is very sensitive.
    When I was at the doctor’s office, they checked my wrist temperature, and this is actually supposed to be more accurate.

The problem that I have is this; Bobby and I go to the fitness center just about every day, and have to have our temperature checked before going inside.
    If we only had this happen occasionally, when we had to go to the doctor’s office, it would not be a problem, but when they are going to be doing it every single day, then I wanted to take precautions.
    Most of the staff that are stationed at the front door to the fitness center were fine with taking my wrist temperature; but yesterday, the young man who was working absolutely refused to take it any place else besides my forehead, and then he became belligerent about it, which was totally uncalled for, in my opinion.

I am not a rude person, and gave him no reason to be rude to me. Since i wanted to go in and be able to go swimming, I finally let him take my forehead temperature; but tomorrow , we are going to call the number for the agency that sends these people out to the fitness center, and have a talk with his superiors.
    None of the other people working there have objected like this man did, and they are all very friendly; so he definitely needs to be reported. Bobby spoke with the manager at the fitness center, that they said that other people have had problems with this person, too, and he has been reported to them before.

https://www.omanobserver.om/thermal-screening-whats-safe-forehead-or-wrist/

6. Martin Alonzo

Registered

My daughter said that is sick and where can she buy one

7. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It reminds me of the movie Alien.

8. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

When I went to the pharmacy a few days ago, there was a lady ahead of me so I waited 6' away till she left. Just before she left she sneezed into her mask. I had on a mask also. If I had arrived less than a minute later, I would not have seen her sneeze, and I would have walked directly into whatever of her spritz was left in the air. Having seen the sneeze I approached the counter several feet away.

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I have never heard of this before.

IR thermometers are passive devices. All objects/beings emit temperature on the Infra-Red wavelength. The reader is just that...it receives the IR waves and converts them to degrees. It transmits nothing. In fact, different objects transmit their temps as IR waves with differing degrees of efficiency (emissivity.) Industrial readers have different conversion factors for different materials. Humans approach 100% emissivity efficiency.

Industrial readers have LEDs so you can point them at specific places on machinery, but LEDs [I thought] are not harmful. And human thermometers don't have LEDs anyway. It would be too much of a risk to point one in the direction of the eyes.

I think this is just one of those internet things.

You certainly have a right to be tested where you prefer for whatever reason you have, but I don't think these pose any risk...they are merely receivers of the Infra Red waves all objects (animate and inanimate) transmit.

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Facemask Exemptions: Facemask Science - Dr Tim O'Shea

11. Ken Anderson

12. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Soon it will be around the -35c to -40c mark up here, and we will be having all kinds of outdoor activities like carnivals, snow machine activities, ice fishing, and many many more.....
    There will be loads of people there all not necessarily on top of each other, but rather close.. Impossible to have many hundreds of people and keep our distance..

My question is...…….……
    How do we wear a mask outside in that cold weather when the mask will definitely freeze on your face ?????

13. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I think a coat of Vaseline or petroleum jelly should prevent that from happening. This is what I plan on doing when I have to go out in the cold, dry weather since it locks in moisture.

14. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Where do I put the petroleum jelly ???
    Not on my mask...…… Not on my face.....
    I wonder if that will work... I still have to breath withy the mask on...

Von Jones likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe you could use a scarf or one of those "gaiter" things instead of a regular mask, Steve.

upload_2020-12-4_16-21-50.png

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Bobby Cole and Von Jones like this.