United States Constitution - Introduction

Discussion in 'Constitution & Bill of Rights' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This study will be compiled into several subject areas which will, hopefully, begin to make sense to you at some point. Since I've never tried doing this in a forum before, I will be jumping around some. While there will be a sequence of threads, one leading to the other, I will not necessarily exhaust everything that I have to say about one subject before moving on to the other, and I might even find it necessary to switch the order around at some point.

Faye Fox and Ed Wilson like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I will try to focus more on the history of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and supporting documents, and the word of those who were involved in founding our country, than on interpretation. A lot of errors involved in interpreting the Constitution, even among Supreme Court Justices, come about when the writer is actually arguing a case rather than seeking the truth. Law professors, some of whom go on to become Supreme Court Justices, are lawyers rather than historians, and are therefore prone to subordinating good facts to a good argument. A human failing is that people with an agenda tend to emphasize the evidence they like, while underplaying the rest, forcing the Constitution to mean whatever they want it to mean.

Faye Fox and Marie Mallery like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I put up a 1000 post study over a year on another site about American history so many people were surprised hopw far away we have come from our laws and culture. It took months for me to get it all together. On;y about 5 peopel found it interesting.
    We are too 'entertained today to care I guess. Also I think we are past saving this salad bowl of friuts and nuts anyway.:D

Edited that was POST,not pages,

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

There is lots of fodder there for discussion so have at it.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Richard Joseph

Richard Joseph Active Member
    Registered

The Bill of Rights, ah the history of it. When ratified the 3rd Article proposed, actually became the 1st AM, the 2nd became the 4th, etc.

Bobby Cole likes this.