Topics That Shouldn't Be Discussed

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, May 24, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Well it depends... I have at times been in public restroom with only a hand i cap stall and one regular stall. If there is someone in the one I need , then I will use the handi one...just to have the other person leave as a another comes in...and sees me leaving the handi cap one. Looks bad ..but when you got to go...you go.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I understand, but also understand how @Yvonne Smith feels also.

Actually, I was picking out one topic/Thread that most young folks would care less about (handicap people, including me), but us older handicap really have a beef about. Heck, if a Handicap spot is the only spot available, and/or the closest one, I've even seen older people pull in them with no Handicap Placard or license plate.

Generally law enforcement doesn't pay any attention to violators. It definitely isn't a priority to them.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Excellent point, @Gloria Mitchell ! ! I imagine that we have all probably done that, at some time or another, and I know that I have done it. When I was young and healthy, I really didn't even comprehend how important it was to an older person to have the extra room and bars for support; so I am probably guilty of doing just the same thing as I am now grumbling about.
    In this case, there was a whole row of bathrooms, and no excuse for the employee to be using the handicapped one that I could see.

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Generally, I won't use a public or store restroom unless it's really necessary, and the handicapped stall is often the only one that is unoccupied, so I do. I swear that some people don't have bathrooms at home because store bathrooms are usually occupied as long as the story is open, so it's hard to find an open stall. Unlike handicapped parking slots, the handicapped bathroom stalls aren't marked as being reserved for the handicapped, so I never considered that there would be a problem with it. When both are open, I will use the other.

Interestingly, at the theater in the mall at Bangor, the handicapped parking areas are further away from the doors than the other parking slots.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I never consider that someone else might have a valid point.

Cody Fousnaugh and Patsy Faye like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, I have to agree, but, (there always seems to be a "but") (or butt) the thing with the magic curtain of a forum is that some subjects are highly controversial and become openly argumentative by some folks who are quite timid in the physical world. I am sure that we have all seen times when a poster will figuratively go for the throat of their victims on a forum but we also know that the probability of them doing that in real life is slim.

But then, perhaps there are some folks who are just plain nasty and love to make life more complicated for others. dunno......:)

Patsy Faye and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If we all had the same point of view about everything in life this would be a very boring life on earth! :) And yet some topics are hard to discuss, especially when you think everyone has been brought up to believe or has come to the conclusion for themselves...that this is the way things are meant to be.

One of the things I have come to love about @Ken Anderson's Forum for us Seniors is that we can have our own opinions and beliefs...and even if it is hard to to share those differences of opinions and experience the conflict it causes sometimes...it is still a wonderful thing to even be able to say this is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it but that doesn't make my opinion wrong or yours either. I for one would hate it if we all had the same opinion about everything as if that was the case I would not be able to grow much anymore...and I like growing and learning so much that it is worth any conflict that comes to get there.