Three Unrelated Songs In My Head Today

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mari North, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

I like all 3 songs and have heard the first and last one just recently at home. My husband likes the oldies and we have CDs I put on at night sometimes for him to fall asleep to since he and the dogs usually go to bed at 7 or 8 pm and that's too early for me. It's been interesting hearing about the connections between the 3 songs. I don't think I've ever had more than one song in my head at a time. It's crazy though when you get a song going and can't shut it down for a day or two. :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Mari North likes this.
  2. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Hey, Linda! I don't think we've formally "met" yet, so I'm so glad you stopped by! (Even if it was to help figure out what goes on in my head... scary place!) :D

I like the oldies, too... especially old (*real!*) country music. The stuff now... not country. And since I'm in the business, I have to listen to all the demos of "new" country and paste a smile on my face while the inside is screaming "nooooooo!" I've had to educate the studio to what real country music is, too... love the biz, but not so much what the music is evolving into.

You're so right about those songs that won't go away... I have three worst offenders. If I name them, they'll torture me for days, like you said, but I will anyhow and hope they won't torture anyone else.... Theme song from The Andy Griffith Show.... theme song from Bonanza... and Disney World's "It's A Small World". :eek:

3. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Your job sounds interesting. The other night before I came to LA (I'm down here with my daughter while she recovers from shoulder surgery) I had on an hour of a infomercial on that was advertising CDs from the early country genera. What I liked about it was they showed old film of the people singing and a lot of it was in b/w. I really enjoyed looking at their cloths and even their faces. The men especially, looked quite different back then. George Jones comes to mind. I didn't order the CDs but I'd have been more inclined to if they had been DVDs.