Those That Have Little To No Sense Of Humor

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have no sense of humor and don't make fun of me for it, as it's no laughing matter.

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I can not tell a joke right but I still try.

3. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

That doesn't mean you have no sense of humor, Von. I am terrible at joke telling, but I love to hear good ones and love to laugh.

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

At least you two @Von Jones and @Lois Winters realize your inability to deliver a joke and haven't bamboozled yourselves into believing you are replacing the owl for the most hoots such as I must confess. I am now starting to understand comments from friends.....

"Faye, I never said you are a funny person, I said you are a funny kind of person and there is a difference."
    "Faye, you are a real piece of work."

5. S. Mary Coleman

S. Mary Coleman Active Member
    Registered

6. S. Mary Coleman

S. Mary Coleman Active Member
    Registered

I don't like saying this, but I've little patience for those lacking humor. It's gotten me through many, many heartbreaking times. The highest compliment I have ever gotten was when one said "you have your father's sense of humor"! Never would I marry another unless his humor equaled my own. :)

7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My bar is a bit higher. I won't marry unless I can find a guy with a better sense of humor than mine. I have been a widow for 51 years. :D

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

If your married you best have a sense of humor or your marriage may be doomed. Once retired and your always together 24/7 humor is a must to survive :D

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I also have my father's sense of humor, which I happily passed on to my two sons. We have the best time together. :D

My husband has a different sense of humor, but he's the best person I know so I don't discount him for not enjoying George Carlin. (He's more of an Eddie Murphy fan.)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Amen, sister. My hubby had oral surgery last week (an extraction on one side and two posts for caps installed on the other.) He's skating on thin ice so I'm staying upstairs today.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

So, instead of starting a new thread about "joking with someone", I'll put this here:

Ok, first of all, the person telling the joke or kidding around, can't really know if the person they're telling the joke to or kidding around with has a "sense of humor" or if the take the joke/kidding around personally. The only way to know is tell them the joke or kid with them.

IOW, we had new neighbors move in next door yesterday. A very young couple (male/female) and their male roommate. As the young girl was walking up to the door, I opened ours and said "so, you're new?" and she said "yes". Then, I said "well we're old". She didn't laugh, smile or anything, just went into the apartment. I thought to myself "oh boy!" (sarcastically). Well, the young male has three colors of hair and his girlfriend has a small orange nose ring that goes thru the middle of her nose.

We met their male roommate and he was very, very nice, which was pretty stunning to us. He's 21 and stood and talked to us for a while. The couple weren't there.

Heck, my wife even opened our door and said "hello" as the multi-colored hair dude was going into their apt. and he said nothing back. Even my wife thought "oh boy".

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well Cody, telling some kid you do not know and is coincidentally living next to you that you’re old is like telling them that they had best walk like they are walking on egg shells.

A grin might have developed had you said to the kids something like; “Hi, I’m old man Cody” (whilst reaching out a hand to shake) and then saying, “old or young doesn’t make moving into a new neighborhood any easier does it”?

As it is I imagine the two kids were saying……oh brother! (sarcastically)

Al Amoling likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, we just signed another 1-yr. Lease and that Lease has many things in it that would make anyone think they have to "walk on eggshells" here.

Actually, the male roommate we talked to in the parking lot last night, the one that was super nice, wanted to shake my hand and I told him "due to my age, right now, I only do the knuckle butt". That was fine with him and we did it.

And, since management is not allowed to tell a possible new resident the age group or race of people living in a complex, perhaps they didn't realize that Seniors lived here. Only a handful of us, which is less than 10 (that we know of). But, it still remains that this complex is the very nicest one in the area. The ones we've drove by, well, let's just put it this way, I wouldn't want to go inside of any of them and sneeze. The walls would probably cave in!

And, another thing, Bobby, just to let you know, we are now considering a move to Prescott, AZ.. They get a winter, but not so much like we get, and there are mountains and plenty of wildlife in them. Prescott was in the 2022 Top10 True West Magazine (clothing/rodeo/cowboy stuff), ranked #2. Average age is 58.