The Train Tracks Dream

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by Diane Lane, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I've had a few dreams in the past that seemed somewhat prophetic, but I've had some weird ones lately.

My fatigue hit yesterday, and I laid down around noon. The plan was to nap for a few hours at least, so I'd have the energy to call my mom later in the day.

I rarely recall long strings of events in my dreams, but will often vividly recall a few shorter pieces upon waking, then promptly forget them, unless they particularly stand out to me. The part I recall from yesterday's dream was that I was in a vehicle, parked in a tight little odd-shaped spot, so I knew I was back home, since parking spots here are big and rectangular. It was the last spot at a train station, right next to open tracks. I had to turn the wheel sharply due to the odd shape of the parking spot. The car hit some loose gravel, spun out of control, hit the tracks and got stuck, which is when I heard the whistle of the approaching train. Just then, as I was struggling to get the car off the tracks, with the train approaching, some jerk drove by revving his motorcycle, and I woke up. Grrr.

This was before I read the news about the train crash over in the Eastern U.S., so I know that's not what prompted the dream.

Linda Binning likes this.
  2. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Diane do you ever write down what you can remember? If you do it as soon as you wake up sometimes it helps you remember more of your dream. Also it's fun to go back later and read your dreams. Mine go back to March of 2006.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to, upon waking, but I haven't in quite a while. I used to keep a notebook and pen on the bedside table, but the cats kept knocking it off, so I got out of the habit of recording my dreams. Perhaps I'll try to remember to start a dream log on my tablet, that's usually pretty handy, and I often use it as soon as I wake up.

Linda Binning likes this.