The Spooky Thread

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Craig Wilson, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

No doubt this Hitchcock classic is one of the best of its genre ever made.

2. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

The accompanying soundtrack of this Psycho scene is the most terrifying in cinema.

Von Jones likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When Art Bell hosted Coast to Coast, and then the show he had after that, for a little while, I always liked the nights he did EVPs - electronic voice phenomena, or ghost voices. Given that half the time, I'd be sleeping or trying to sleep while these were being played, they were pretty spooky. When it comes to things that go bump in the night, there isn't much that could be more easily faked than EVPs and, even then, they often have to suggest what it was that we are supposed to have heard, but some of them are still quite spooky.

I spent a half-hour looking for some good ones on Youtube and couldn't find any. Given that these people are trying to make a half-hour show out of each one of them, there tends to be a whole lot of build-up and not a lot to show for it. That's what I liked about the Art Bell show; they just played one after another, with only a very brief introduction and follow-up.

Here's one that plays a couple of EVPs. The first part talks about EVPs, and it takes forever to actually get to any of them, but that's the best I could find in the amount of time that I was willing to put into it.

Craig Wilson and Von Jones like this.