The Present Pop Scene

Discussion in 'Music' started by Frank Sanoica, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

WTH has happened in America that promotes this daily violence amongst the popular segment?

Grammy-nominated rapper Nipsey Hussle shot dead at age 33

How many have preceded him? Plenty. Why?

Early '60s, we all enjoyed Roy Orbison, for example, one of my favorites. The music might have been "up", or sad, but never devoted to death and destruction.

What has become of our traditional values? Drug related? If so, the "War on Drugs" has proven to be a dismal social failure. A true "money-maker" for the Fed.
    Frank

Bobby Cole and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Not sure Frank anymore... But in the last month there have quite a few deaths...of various reasons among those under 40.
    The world as we knew it...changed a long time ago...to never be seen again.

3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Good. I've had enough of segregation and Jim Crow; of girls not allowed in the best high schools & colleges reserved for boys; of women virtually barred from many professions; of coat hanger abortions.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  4. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Lulu Moppet
    Well said! And yet, despite so many years of hype, every major city has a "Black neighborhood", "Hispanic neighborhood", and so on. It was thus when I grew up in Chicago, and remains so 70 years later. I have never understood, and still do not, why the various ethnicities seem to prefer segregation.
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't know if it would be called "segregation" or not, but there are communities that are a majority, or all, of one race. Like, "Little Tokyo", "Little Saigon", China Town, East L.A., South-Central Los Angeles and others. Every time I see something on tv about Black Colleges, I only see blacks in the ad or commentary. If there are any other races going to these schools, they are not shown.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Already knew about the shooting, but read online more about it and now there is a photo of the suspect who is said to have done it.

Anyway, this Rapper left his mother at age 14 to live with his grandmother. He didn't have the finances to pursue his singing career, so, as a teen, he got involved in street life as he tried to support himself, and he joined the gang Rollin 60s Neighborhood Crips as a teenager.

“I grew up in gang culture,” Hussle told The Los Angeles Times in 2018. “We dealt with death, with murder. It was like living in a war zone, where people die on these blocks and everybody is a little bit immune to it. I guess they call it post-traumatic stress, when you have people that have been at war for such a long time. I think L.A. suffers from that because it’s not normal yet we embrace it like it is after a while.”

Los Angeles has pretty much always suffered from gang violence, but lately it has gotten worse and worse.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We're killing babies right and left, in part because of an idea that the world is becoming overpopulated, so why do we worry so much about people who are practically volunteering to be killed?

8. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Ken Anderson
    Because they're dopers, and it is the duty of government to properly protect them.
    Frank

9. Lulu Moppet

Registered

That is so absurd. Women don't terminate their pregnancies because they worry about overpopulation. You're obsessed Ken. Wish you'd keep your nose out of the private parts of women you will never know. Also, their lives; their problems. Offer to adopt the child of any woman leaning toward her right to choose termination. Let's see how far your caring about unborn fetuses really goes. Or, offer to pay some expenses for the first year; start a charity with the goal of adoption & financial aid instead of whining. She won't change her mind anyway, which is exercising her choice either way. You don't appear to want to help people, just to stop people and to get them to conform to your needs. Doubt if you'd permit gov't intrusion in your life.

10. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Lulu Moppet @Ken Anderson "Doubt if you'd permit gov't intrusion in your life."

Permit it no, we cannot control it anyway. Tolerate it, yes, to certain extent, we must. I won't try to ever deny that I deeply resent certain aspects of present government intrusion into my own life: resent being a not-powerful enough word, perhaps despise those certain aspects.

Need I list some? If I do not you may think me Anti-American, a rabble-rousing revolution-spouting anti-government troublemaker........

OK, then. I may not ingest into my OWN body materials of my choice: the government will not allow it. Even if it IS harmful, but harms no one else. In short, the GOVERNMENT owns my body, and therefore by extension, ME. Is the picture clear? However, the REAL hypocrisy lies in the fact that certain ingestable materials they are quite uncaring about, so long as their tax collector remains happily gathering revenue therefrom. Imagine alcohol and tobacco being untaxed? And they are not necessities.

Like motor fuels, for example, which may be double- or even triple-taxed, or worse. Concession we get against freezing to death is heating oil, same petroleum stuff as motor fuel, possibly taxed by sales tax, only.

My telephone bill, bless it's necessity should a life-or-death situation occur, has TEN separate taxes imposed upon it. TEN!

Permit it? Hell, I CONDEMN it!

Frank

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Women abort their children for a variety of reasons, population control not being one of them. I am referring to the abortion agenda, which persuades them that it's okay to do so. If you believe it's about a woman's right to choose, you've been duped. Do a search on abortion and population control, and the agenda will be staring you in the face. The other, probably more important part of the agenda is the tear down the moral fabric of society. As for adoption, I have already done that, and I have fostered dozens of others, plus raising a nephew.

12. Lulu Moppet

Registered

As a woman who has played not a small part in Our Bodies, Our Choice, SINCE IT'S INCEPTION in the late sixties you are your usual condescending self, KEN, to claim I've been duped. You are not speaking to a teenager, or even a middle-ager. Almost 55 years have passed, that's long enough to come to conclusions that are well thought out, maybe not good enough for you, but who cares? While I am a mother and love being one, I'm sure glad I had a choice, one that YOU never had to make for yourself.

I applaud you for adopting and fostering and for your cats.

13. Ken Anderson

If you think the abortion lobby and the political push for abortions is about a woman's right to choose, you have indeed been duped. The people behind it couldn't care less about you or your body, except that they can control it.

The original plan behind Planned Parenthood was to keep black babies from being born, and to control, as much as possible, who would be able to complete their pregnancy. Planned Parenthood was a eugenics program that shared many of the same goals and standards as Hitler Germany.

No, I am not saying that she was a Nazi. Hitler's eugenics people got their ideas from her but, since there were not a lot of black people in Germany at the time, Hitler chose different targets.

When Hitler proved not to be so popular in the United States, particularly in the aftermath of World War II, the organization's rhetoric changed to overall population control, and now they want you to believe that it's about women's rights. Far from it, Margaret Sanger believed that others should choose who was fit to bear children. That's what eugenics was all about. Sanger was in favor of forced sterilization and mandatory abortions for certain segments of the population.

In her view, others should make the choices.

“Like the advocates of Birth Control, the eugenists are seeking to assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit. Both are seeking a single end but they lay emphasis upon different methods.” -- Margaret Sanger

She stressed the need to merge eugenics with birth control, adding, “Eugenics without Birth Control seems to us a house builded upon the sands. It is at the mercy of the rising stream of the unfit.”

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

1. Again, women and men, do what you want to do but, do NOT make me pay for it. Have as much sex as you want until both sets of genetalia are well spent and beyond repair but I am extremely against making the American public and in particular, me, to have to pay for your indiscretions.
    Whilst I dislike having to doll out money for someone to have unlimited children that they will not properly care for but as a side bar, I would rather that than pay for someone to abort a child.

2. The very bottom line is something that we cannot mandate nor place a law upon which is people having indescriminate sex which we all know produces what it is supposed to do, produce an offspring.
    The most irrefutable reason for having to mandate an individual’s right to do what they wish to do with their body is because people refuse to take the responsibility and be held accountable for their actions.

3. Instead of promoting the need for more abortions and foster care units, promote accountability whereby the parents of a child are held accountable for the upbringing of a child no matter where that child lives, or self finance a very expensive abortion.

4. If it has to be done, I do not mind having to finance someone’s birth control via my taxes. Heck, I do not even mind my tax dollars going for vasectomies but whilst I definitely am pro-life I cannot nor will not tell someone what to do with their body but with that I do not want to have to pay for it.
    Making me pay for someone else’s deeds is placing me in a position of being a partner in those deeds that I do wish to have anything to do with because of my belief in the sanctity of life.

15. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Bobby Cole
    You use the phrase "make me pay"; I use the thought that there is a "tax" foisted upon us everywhere we turn, but despite them calling all their efforts "funds", such as Social Security Fund, General Fund, highway fund, and so on, the reality is the taxes get placed in their hands to be pissed away at their discretion, in any way they wish. They tell us otherwise, of course.
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.