The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I read that the pics on the Droid were not great. But what do you want for that price, huh?

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm curious. What do you mean by "on the Droid?" Android phone? My Samsung Galaxy phone (Android) takes really good pictures and videos. Not as good as professional equipment though.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

Yes. Some folks were bemoaning the quality of how the pictures from that camera display on the Android operating system, saying App compatibility or limitations had something to do with it. I agree that the cameras on the Droid phones take great pictures and vids...I recently went to an iPhone after being a forever Android user and I think the Apple camera quality is not as good as the Androids. But folks said it was the App, not the phone itself.

Can you download software to your laptop and view it there?

Nancy Hart likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Wife still getting pain in her upper arm/shoulder when she goes to bed. It started happening, a week or so ago, after she picked up a case of drinking water, out of the back of our Durango, and put it on a 2-wheeler to bring into apartment. It feels fine during the day, but once nighttime comes up and later, bedtime, it starts bothering her. Taking one or two Motrin or a 1/2 CBD Gummy and putting some CBD Deep Rub on it. Also, using a heating pad. Unfortunately, she is a side-sleeper. Last night, she turned around and slept the opposite direction of me. The Motrin and Gummy finally kicked in and she went to sleep, but that was at 1AM.

Getting a new 1 1/2" Topper to put on the 3" Topper we already have on the bed.

Peak: I got my hair cut today, before our weather turns sour and "up to" 4 inches of snow comes in overnight. My last haircut was the middle of November, so it was getting rather long. Got to look good when her and I go out for dinner on Friday night for her birthday. Yep, dressed up pretty, like Roy Rogers and Dale Evans (well, not quite).

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

There are ways. Some are complicated. Some require Android emulation software on the pc. Lots of people are working on it. Haven't checked them out yet. An app on the Wyze store called RTSP, but might require a subscription.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So, starting yesterday, the Humana app won’t accept my username. I opt for them to send me a “forgot my password” code and it doesn’t come. I opt again and again, it doesn’t come.
    So, I called customer service. English. yep. Are you a member? Yes. Please tell us what the problem is. The Humana site won’t accept my password. Okay.
    Sorry but you’ll have to wait for our next whatever. The wait will be 8 minutes or more. Okay. Hum-hum-hum to the canned music.
    About 8 minutes pass and “Sorry, but our call line is down for the present time, please call back later”.
    The peak being that I get to practice NOT using some appropriate words normally accepted for such circumstances.

Today, same crap. Tried to use my username and again the derned code doesn’t show up so I call the help line again and after about 10 minutes of waiting I got a real person. The real person takes down my information and says, I’ll get back to you in a moment and puts me on hold.
    Meanwhile, 2 guys pass by on the street and inform me that the gutter is on fire next door and at the same time the representative from Humana comes back on and says, Okay and I quickly told him that no, it’s not okay because I have to hang up because there’s a fire I have to put out probably due to some idiot throwing a cigarette into the pine needles strung next to the curb!! I said an appropriate word or two. Maybe three. Lord forgive me but You understand….don’t you?

The hose is frozen so I carry 3 buckets of water out to put out the fire.

I call Humana again. Trying to maintain a semblance of patience I again go hummmm——hummmmmm——to that crappy canned whatever they call those squeaky notes stuff they play when a person is holding for a live person. Hummm——-hummmm——some more. Sounds like a heavy metal version of “yesterday” or it could be a jazz version of O Holy Night. Dunno. Heck, I can’t even tell what instruments they’re playing. Reminds me of a teacher raking her fingernails on a chalkboard.

Hellllllooo my name is Cassieeee. (wonderful sounding lady who could probably make money by the minute on another site). How may I help you? I tell her who I am and the problem. She only made me wait a minute and then she tells me to delete the whole program and then start over again. It happens to everyone at some time or other. (I’ve heard that before somewhere but I don’t think it had anything to do with insurance). Thank you Cassie, have a good day,.
    I start from scratch. It doesn’t like my username. WHAT’S WRONG WITH MY BLOODY USERNAME!! That’s already taken. Try again.
    That’s taken too. Try again. I never thought I’d ever use it again but how about my old Army Serial Number? It takes my serial number.
    Doesn’t like my password. I say an appropriate word and try my password again and yep, it now likes my password.
    Figures. If I had known that all it would take is to rip off a few expletives to get the derned program to work I would have saved myself a lot of grief.

The wife just announced we’re having chicken enchiladas for lunch / dinner.
    Things are getting better.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole i am having similar issue with Microsoft

Faye Fox, Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Cassie did say that it happens to everyone at some time or other.:rolleyes:

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I went through this as I was trying to log on with Microsoft yesterday too. I write down my user names and passwords date them as well. Now how can it be that they are not accepted. Weird. So I had to start back at square one to reset them. I also had the problem with Windows. From that I learned apparently after a certain period of time Windows requires a new password. I haven't figured how long it is though. Also you don't have to put in your old password just create a new one. This has been on Johnny's laptop from school I didn't have this problem on my PC. It was probably set up that way for security by the school. I know that Johnny didn't do it.:rolleyes:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. John Brunner

Peak: I got up real early today to go into town get my haircut (from Susan,my anti-mask/anti-vax barber) and then make a much-needed trip to the laundromat (I try to not do laundry at home so as to not stress my septic system.)

Pit: After I got my hair cut, I drove up the street to the laundromat and there were 5 fire trucks in front of it! I could not tell if it was the laundromat on fire or an adjacent business or a car in front of it...I could not get that close. All I could see was smoke. Maybe this is my semi-pit, with the real pit belonging to the owner of the fireball.

11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Perhaps a diesel mechanic who didn’t wash his clothes completely before placing them in the dryer.
    Or one that has folded his oily clothes and left them sitting there for a moment until they caught on fire.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

The funny thing is I was running late or I might have been screwed by what happened. I would normally go to the laundromat, put my clothes in the machines & get them started, go get my haircut, then come back & finish up. The two places are real close to each other, and my barber is running on a COVID appointment basis so I'm in & out in plenty of time to get back before the machine has finished running.

Had I done that, my clothes would have been inaccessible to me for goodness knows how long.

Regarding the diesel mechanic: do those machines really build up that kind of compression???

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

When heated, diesel burns.
    When I worked off shore on the drilling rigs someone had to be posted to watch the dryers while there were clothes in them. When they were finished drying, they were taken outside on the deck to cool before folding otherwise they would indeed start smoldering and catch on fire.

Oily rags, oily clothes will all do the same thing unless everything is removed in the wash. Had a bunch of hot kitchen rags fresh out of dryer catch on fire at the Greenville Rescue Mission. They were all thrown into a basket and left to do their thing. Nothing was damaged but it was heck trying to put the fire out.

Anyway, glad you got your haircut. It was looking pretty shabby.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm still stuck on the fact that you have the ability to do laundry at home but choose a laundromat. :p Couldn't you just do a small load every few days? Or buy environmentally friendly detergent and "accidentally" dump gray water? :D I'd do just about anything to avoid a laundromat.

15. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

All pit today. I was trying to activate my new Tracfone 4G flip phone online without success. The phone itself is big PIA to begin with compared to the simple 3G phone that has worked well for years. All I want to do is make a simple phone call. I hate it. :mad:

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.