The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I got a couple of trophy's myself yesterday.

Tony Page and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

whoop-whoop! Congrats Gloria!!
    Where do ya think we should open up the SoC hall of fame? Hawaii? Fiji? Nameless, Tn. ?

3. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Fiji..love the water there;)

Bobby Cole and Tony Page like this.
  4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

PEAK
    Had an enjoyable and relaxing Mother's Day with my wife and daughter.
    Since my wife and I separated whenever we're together usually ends in a disagreement, that didn't happen yesterday. Spent a lot of time enjoying my grandkids.
    I bought breakfast with me, picked up lunch, and did a curbside pickup for dinner, the woman didn't have to do much it was their day. I also brought with me dessert which consisted of Carrot cake and a Boston cream cake, Plus cookies.

PIT
    I got bad news about my son-in-law who has MS, a few years back he was in remission with a medication that worked for him. There was a change in doctors, because his doctor retired. The replacement doctor made a mistake in reading a report, and took him off the medication that work so well. He's Been declining ever since.
    Today I learned he's in the end stage which means the doctors can no longer help him. The doctors say he has maybe a couple of months to a maximum of two years to live, depends on how fast his decline continues.
    He's 56 years old, when in school was in the top 3% in the state with his grades. He's just a nice guy, bright software engineer, who never threw his smarts in your face, and would laugh at my stupid jokes.
    I worry about my daughter she's working very hard helping him, taking care of a house, and working a business. Fortunately she has three children that are old enough to help out.
    There's nothing I wouldn't do for my family, this is cutting Like a Knife because right now I'm at a loss.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Tony Page - sorry to hear that. Can he not be put back on that medicine- or at least try another one?
    doctors do not always know everything, No harm in trying at least. I know of people who had dire diagnosis only to live longer or better than any doctor could say. Fight it til the end.

6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

The doctor say they've tried all medicines that's available to them. The medicine that was helping him like a lot of other medicines has to be monitored because can cause other problems that could be deadly. Once off of it there's no returning. At least that's what they were told. He's a fighter he's not giving up, he falls a lot, but refuses to use a wheelchair. Last week he fell and my daughter with her three children had a hard time getting him up they finally resorted to a rolling office chair to get him on.
    I'm one that doesn't like giving up either, and I think to myself I'm sure somewhere in this world somebody got cured that had his condition.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

That's right... rub it in. :p

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

So sorry, Tony. Like Gloria said, doctors don't know everything so keep hope alive. My best wishes to your son-in-law and the rest of your family.

Don Alaska, Tony Page and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth
    Thank you

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Woke up today and my ear is unstopped. Guess that's the "peak" for today. :D

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Huh, where's my funnel?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

As stated in Rant..dropped a new canister of coffee in the floor this morning..first thing.Then took a shower and tiles fell off. Well least if its my turn to Go today I be clean ;)

Attached Files:

13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Peak - I got a trophy today
    Pit - I'll have to have my car checked there's something banging underneath towards the rear.

14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Woke up in more than normal body pain. Took one Aleve, that helped. My SIL called she was running errands, asked me to call my brother ( early dementia) to see f he was alright. She said he seemed off. Called, he seemed fine to me - for him. Started reading up Dementia, wish I and not. Now am depressed :(. According to what I am reading, your chances of dementia increase with : high blood pressure, gum disease, and hearing issues. Well hell that has been a part of my life for years. Which my brother has none of these issues. Regardless, was clearly a downer read, no matter what they say. Oh well for now, I know what day and year it tis, have me keys, and there is noise everywhere:D

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Gloria--stay off of Dr. Google; it's a scary place sometimes. There are many types of dementia and some of them have treatments that can keep the disease at bay for years, so don't waste time worrying about that until you need to. My MIL has shown signs of early dementia for a few years now, but she's still able to live alone in her own home at 87 years old, with people to check on her.