The Choices We Make Determine Much Of How We Shall Live, But Not All

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Sleeping on a street sidewalk is a choice, living in a abandoned car is a choice. taking drugs is a choice. Am I to believe that my life has been a series of lucky brakes. sheer happenstance or some good choices? I believe I made some very good choices.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It's a combination, Lon. You made good choices and also had good luck.

Trevalius Guyus and Bill Boggs like this.
  3. Lon Tanner

Registered

Explain to me how luck was a part of it.

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I be;ieve the luck part is that your plans came out the way you wanted.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

You didn't get hit by a bus when you were 12 and left in a vegetative state. :rolleyes:

Good grief, can't you figure that out for yourself? YOU don't control everything in your life; much is left to providence.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  6. Lon Tanner

Registered

It is a universal law: bad choices – bad luck, good choices – good luck. Every decision you make builds the foundation for the life you live. If you make good choices, you build a foundation for a successful life. If you make bad choices, you build a foundation for an unsuccessful life.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

judging from your health, many of the problems you’re having are from bad choices. Rockefeller stated that he would trade every cent he had if he could have the health of an elderly lady he was watching.

One other thing: It was only luck that I met my wife and by choice we got married. By luck we are both still living.
    Same thing as your success. By luck an investment was there to take, by choice you took it and by luck it paid off.

8. Lon Tanner

Registered

Are you talking about me? what does my health have to do with bad choices?

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

One other thing @Bobby Cole...I believe it was God's blessing to both you and Yvonne that He brought y'all together...and y'all both made a wonderful choice accepting that blessing.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Amen and Amen
    How’s sister Bab’s doing?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Babs Hunt likes this.
  12. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Let's see, Lon......I don't keep a detailed, personal profile of everyone in here, but I believe you made the bad choice to not protect your skin when you were down under, ergo your little battles with skin cancers.

I strongly believe that most bad health conditions are the consequences of bad choices made in life. I don't believe cancer just happens, as I don't think most diseases just happen. Most folks do not have the near photographic memory I have. It's easier for them to write off diseases they may contract as just happening out of nowhere, or bad luck.

I remember watching an old buddy at a reunion. He drank vodka like it was a soft drink. I thought he would have hell to pay, sooner it later. A few years later, he was an insulin dependent diabetic. You can't poison your body without suffering the consequences.

Women who get yearly mammograms are, sadly, unaware, apparently, that they are subjecting sensitive tissue to a strongly mutagenic agent. It grieves me when I hear a woman say, "They caught the cancer early. I never would have known if it wasn't for the mammograms I've had every year for the last ten years!" Very sad.

Again, I believe most, if not all, negative health conditions, have their etiology in bad choices we make in life.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Uh, that WAS you writing about the sun and your skin cancer was it not? Bad choice for you.
    I could go on but you know exactly what your problems are and how they came about don’t you. (that’s not a question, it’s a statement)

Now, it seems to me Lon that you got about the same reception on “the other forum” for the same reasons.
    You made a choice and asked a question and you got answers and not the answers you were looking for. Bad luck, bad choice.
    Face the facts Lon. You pay $5000 a month to someone else to care for you because you cannot and with that you’ve also lost a lot of freedom in the mix. Whilst others in your same condition were going outside and getting some fresh air, you were locked in your room. Their choice, their freedom.
    Choices and luck. Luck and choices. You made the choice to live where you are because you could no longer live alone. It was bad luck that your health turned for the worse that made you make that choice. Crap shoot.

Mimento Mori. (look familiar?) Big chance.

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm doing just fine Bobby...hope you and Yvonne are too.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Lon Tanner
    Um did you just not claim on another thread..you dont belive in luck?
    My theory is this we all begin to fight death the moment we are born.
    Many things in our lives can change or alter our well being.
    Choices make up part of that but not all. Luck , blessings, coincidence whatever you call it and choices make up our lives. Good lives or bad lives can be changed with a flicker of an eye.

Babs Hunt, Lon Tanner and Bobby Cole like this.