Taking A Break... Again

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Bill, ever been to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakota's, Nebraska, Kansas or even Oklahoma? How about the farming/ranching areas of Colorado? I've been to all and have seen a lot of cowboy hats and Wrangler jeans. I've been to the Centennial Livestock Auction in Fort Collins, CO and worked at a Livestock Auction in Oklahoma. Have been to Oklahoma City West Stockyards as well as the largest Stockyards in the U.S...…...right inside Oklahoma City. It's a big tourist attraction of cattle selling and steakhouse.

IOW, Bill, I've been there and even done some things. Heck, not only been in pro-rodeo, but was also a Horseback Trail Guide, wearing cowboy hat and Roper boots, at a Regional Park in Irvine, Calif.

Believe me, Bill, I've "been there and done that", to a point, that is.

One other thing, Bill, we really don't want to "settle in and enjoy" anything here where we live.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I think Bill lives in Oklahoma or did.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, I've been trying very hard, almost to too hard, here to explain myself and other things to everyone here. Really seems to me that Ken is the only one that understands what I've said. Basically, it's all wearing me out!

There is a major, BIG TIME, difference between Jacksonville and even Florida, than parts of Colorado and the surrounding Rocky Mountain States as well as the High Plains States. It's not just the humidity here and the winters there, in many areas of those states, it's the lifestyle. When we drove down the I-25, both south and north, we seen field after field of corn, tractors and barns with farming equipment in them, males and females wearing baseball caps and even some wearing cowboy hats. Guess all of you would have to "see to believe".

As far as tattoos and body piercings on young folks...…….definitely not those at a County or State Fair showing livestock. FFA and 4-H are pretty strict on how their members look, other than wearing their FFA or 4-H jackets.

So, unless any of you, of which some of you may have been, in the farming and ranching areas of those Rocky Mountain and High Plains states...…….
    I have been and was just in both northern Colorado and southeastern Wyoming this past July.

Now, I can just take that break, that I really need, and not have to keep defending the Western or farming culture or us.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Again Cody, why do you feel the need to defend anything at all? No one cares if you move or wish to plow snow or play with your boat. Other than a bit of kidding, no one on THIs forum has said anything particularly bad about Rodeo or anything else you do.
    Whether you hate tats, or have one planted firmly on your behind, not one person is going to say anything bad about you so why do you persist on with the paranoid complaint that we would or are???

At this time I definitely agree with @Frank Sanoica. Either you get it or you do not and either way you choose to roll is out of anyone else’s control but yours and yours alone.
    Bye or Hi.....I’m finished with this thread...................

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Bobby, my wife just called me and I read your reply her and she said "Because, Bobby, he wants to make his point, but having people listen and understand hasn't happened." With the exception of Ken.

Another thing, Bobby, if some of the people on this thread would stop telling me "the West is dead" for-to-say, when it comes to cowboys and folks wearing cowboy hats and boots, I would not have continued on with this thread. Ken totally understands the "why" rodeo people, ranch and farm families are different.

I've had comments about me using Shoal dip in the past and how could my wife stand it. As far as rodeo goes, it's not really a subject to be discussed on this forum with folks that know little-to-nothing about it.

And, there have been people who have wondered why we hate tattoos and the "F" word. When Hal replied to my thread about tattoos, nobody said a word about what he said about women that have them.

Thing is, neither wife or I have a paranoid complaint. It just seems like folks on her, with the exception of Ken, simply don't understand us and don't want to. To a point that has irritated me.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

From the title of the post @Cody Fousnaugh , I thought you were leaving...again. But you're still here whining because no one understands you. Do you not understand what leaving means?

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Like none of you ever whine about something????? Come on, give me a break! Shall I pick out all of the Threads and replies where people are whining and complaining??? And, you are right, only Ken truly understands me here. Wish is wasn't that way, but it is.

From the replies on this Thread, only a few people would miss me. Sorry folks, if I don't have the same kind of personality that you do and are not open-minded.

I know that Ken knows why I want to, and will, take a break or leaving period. This is a wonderful forum with very nice people, as I've already stated, but many of you definitely don't see things the same way my wife and I do.

Ken Anderson and Frank Sanoica like this.
  9. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I've seen this referred to as a "YAGE" -- Yet Another Grand Exit

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I’m sorry folks but the temptation was really too overwhelming.
    Cody, you already have 2 or 3 threads on this forum alone and a couple more on another forum that you started dedicating them strictly on what you do or when you’re going to leave or what you do not understand. It’s all about YOU Cody!
    WE ALL UNDERSTAND YOU but have versed that understanding differently than Ken but still we all know that whatever it is that you do, you surmise that we all must adhere to your rules and your obvious self made omniscience.

This time....I promise that I AM gone from this thread and on a permanent basis. Three pages of “why I am leaving” and “I’m going now” and “my wife said” is a bit too much time spent on YOU. I would rather spend time playing “toe ketch” by myself than write another word dedicated to your ego...................

11. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Is 'Toe Ketch' anything like ' Thumb Wrestling' ?

[​IMG]

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Kinda but it’s a solitary and gentle sport which can be played anywhere bare feet are allowed. The most popular way is to sit leaned over on a chair with your bare foot planted firmly on the floor and then raise your big toe and try to “ketch” the toe before it avoids your grasp.

Note: I did say it was a gentle sport and it really is but there have been some instances when over exuberant contestants have had a sprained toe from the sport but even then, most of us have two toes if one is on the injury list.

Also Note: The distance your hand is from your toe before you “go” is purely up to you and totally dependent upon your level of expertise.
    I prefer the expert distance of 6-8” since I have soooo much experience with the sport.

At one point not long ago I asked several of my acquaintances if they would help me form a league but unfortunately I did not have any takers. There was one chap who happened to be a psychologist who asked me if he could observe the game in action but I, much smarter than he, saw through his ploy for indeed I believe he wanted to start his own league...

Now, to think about it, perhaps the league dues might have been set too high or the proposed color of the league shirts might have been a bit over the top..........I’ll never know.............

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well it's good to see some things don't change.... :)

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

There are folks on this forum that totally agree with you, Bobby. Those are the ones that actually don't like me or my personality. All I can say to that is "whatever".
    You think things are all about myself and my wife...….wrong! Actually, I like discussing things with folks that understand my feelings an don't tell me that I should be more open-minded.
    One other thing, Mr Bobby, I seriously doubt if any kind of Minister would talk to me the way you have. The ones I've met were much more understand and caring. How does it feel, Bobby, when someone says something about you???

You want to preach.…...please do it to someone else. I'd rather go to church and listen.

I really wish there was a way Ken could/would delete this thread.

15. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.