Super Bowl Sunday

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

If you are an NFL fan, like we definitely are, where will you watch the Super Bowl this Sunday? Most likely we will go to a local restaurant and brewhouse. We are really fans of either team, but do like the Patriots. A pitcher of Bud Light and some food "goodies" and we are good to go.

It is sad, for us anyway, that the NFL season will be over, but NASCAR will start and PGA Golf is now going, so we are happy. I just thank God I have a wife that loves sports as much as I do.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

If the Bears were playing I'd watch but now I'll just watch the halftime show.... maybe.

Not a Patriot's fan...who is the other team? Only other teams I like are 49ers and the Steelers.

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I see it's the Falcons....guess I'll go with the Patriots then, neither team excites me but if I had to choose between these two, I'll choose Patriots.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't even know who's playing, and won't be watching. I have never watched more than fifteen minutes of a football game.

5. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

We are going over to a friends house to watch the game.

Hoping for a good game that goes down to the final minutes.
    Most of the people who will be at the party root for Atlanta
    because it's been awhile since they have been to the Super Bowl.

I plan to make my famous Scottish Eggs.

Beer and eggs; now there's a interesting combo...

6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Beer and eggs ... hmmmm ... deodorant?

I really don't care who wins. But since I live in Houston, I'm more fascinated with all the attractions surrounding the Super Bowl. It all started about a week ago. This city is ready to talk the money out of every bodies pockets. I don't think the Olympics could cause anymore excitement.

7. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll be watching and eating. The food is the important part. I always turn the tv off during the halftime show. I'll be pulling for the Patriots.

I saw on the news that the Patriots are the most hated team in the NFL, but Tom Brady is the most liked quarterback. Strange!

8. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

What's the Superbowl? ......just kidding, just kidding.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, the food is the important part, at least when I would go to Super Bowl parties. Even now that I'll be alone I may eat some hot wings or something.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I remember, back in 1993, when Garth Brooks sang the National Anthem, a girlfriend was having a Super Bowl Party at her house. Her and friends loved country music and dancing, so they all came wearing flashy Western attire. They all loved Garth Brooks. Basically, everyone was there just to hear Brooks sing, because while the game was going on, only a couple of her friends watched parts of the game. The rest were just sitting around or in the kitchen talking. Seemed kind of odd to me, everyone, but me, dressed up looking like Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, all kinds of food sitting out just to see/hear Brooks sing.

As for me, I was just learning how to rope at the time, wasn't dressed in flashy Western wear and was practicing with a rope and dummy steer in the front yard. At the time, I wasn't very much of a NFL fan.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

At least there is something for non football fans to enjoy and that's the food and the getting together.

My DIL is a big football and baseball fan so she enjoys the game which is good because my son is a super fan.

My daughter doesn't care too much and when I'm at her house Sunday football games are torture with three males cheering and yelling!

We just look at each other and sometimes my daughter asks they keep it down. Most of the time we just go shopping.

For the Super Bowl though, food and the halftime show is also a big part of it. Lots of recipes and food ideas out there on Pinterest already.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, guess I'm just one lucky dude, when it comes to my wife's likes. NFL, PGA, boating (not just sitting on the boat sunbathing), fishing and shooting.

13. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

My DIL is like that except for shooting ...neither one of my kids inherited their fathers love of guns and shooting.

Golf is big at my daughter's house. Her hubby played on the college team and was roommates with Steve Stricker.

He's very good too, says if he didn't become a dentist he would have gone pro. He still plays golf at least twice a week and plays in tournaments in other states. My 13 year old grandson is following in dads footsteps with golf, he takes lessons and is on a team...I've seen him play at the country club and he is quite good, I was impressed.

15. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Even the commercials on super bowl are getting into politics