Subway

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by Beth Gallagher, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I love Subway sandwiches. I always get the buy one get one free foot longs which makes two meals for me.

My favorite Subway sandwich is made on the Italian herb bread, with roasted chicken breasts, pepper jack cheese, baby spinach, tomato, light dill pickles, mayo and mustard and loaded with black olives.

For my Honey I get the same bread with Philly steak, pepper jack cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato and pickles.

And we enjoy every bite of our Subway sandwiches.

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We also do this,we never buy ready made samdwiches.We stopped eating out years ago. Yet all my grandkids,great grandkids eat drive throughall the time. Guess they have a great immune system though.My son eats in motels and restaurants all over the wworld and he is still alive,Once in jungles off west coast of Africa he was served a raw fish in a cardboard motel but he didn't eat it. He has been in the worst places on earth and the best places on earth.Rooms with golden faucets,walls in Arabia.

I just don't feel lucky since hubby almost died of food poisoning he got from taco restaurant years ago.

John Brunner and Tony Page like this.
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I think Subway is way overpriced. You are buying mostly bread even if they stuff it as full as possible.

Marie Mallery and Tony Page like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have a Subway here in Millinocket, but I have been there only once. I think Michelle goes there a little more often, but only because she's getting stuff for meetings at her recovery center.

Tony Page likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

It's really different these days, isn't it?

We hardly ever ate out. McDonald's might have been a twice-a-year thing, if that. Of course, they were pretty new on the scene when I was a kid.

I can't imagine how kids can squeeze any nutrition out of that stuff.

Tony Page and Marie Mallery like this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't see it either but these kids seem to be healthy and really smart,maybe its from so much info they get online? These kids 'great grands' are from 3 -8 and seem wise for their age.But like I said before I don't feel lucky.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

What fast food lacks in nutrition, it makes up for in safety:

Freezer>Griddle>Bag
    Freezer>Fryer>Bag

There is no prep being done at all.
    There are no raw meats (and hardly any veggies) at all, much less any raw meats coming near veggies.

If you read the local Health Department inspection reports, you'll see that the fast food burger chains never get written up, unless it's for improper freezer temps or something like that.

Marie Mallery likes this.