South Carolina

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Samual Yoder, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Samual Yoder

Samual Yoder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Can not take the Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania winters anymore so moved to South Carolina.

71, got health issues, wife died of cancer 9 years ago, live with son and his wife, do not do much except read and watch movies some times take dog out to do his thing but the stairs are difficult and the dog is getting stronger than I, hard to control when other dogs appear.

Was a boxer in my younger days until doctor told me I was getting brain scaring so quit fighting except for an occasional street fight over some stupid issue.

Occupation was welder, it is funny how I learned that trade, funny but got me in trouble with my parents and my community, I say trouble but it was more like severe shunning, community outcast, termed a rebel, heretic, thankfully the laws don't allow stoning or burning at the stake anymore.

Rumpspringa was my downfall, I ended up going to an Army recruiting office and joined up as Paratrooper Military Police however my test decided I was more adapt at being a welder so that is where the Army assigned me, go figure, at least I was not sent to VietNam but was assigned welding on underwater CVN's, maybe God was watching over me after all.

I don't really miss the Amish community so much, I love the convenience of technology over a non technological agriculture one, harvesting crops, making hay, shoveling horse manure, outhouses I don't miss at all.

Well, that is about it, not much more I can tell or want to tell without getting or offending anyone. Some things are best left unsaid.

2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

God sends rain and sunshine on the righteous and on the unrighteous. He Gives All That Is Needed for Life Graciously.
    Eternal Life requires faith, which is also a Gift from Him. Seek Him for that, and He will Hopefully Surprise you with a gift that is of eternal value.

Some Amish (or Mennonite) communities were supposedly asked how they had ZERO cases of covid, and NO deaths from any virus.

Shrugs, simple. THey replied they had no television. (thus no one fell for the deception of it all, and they did not get forced to do unhealthy things by the government , businesses/ bosses, or others)

Susan Paynter and Ed Wilson like this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome to the forum Sam.

upload_2021-10-6_10-14-3.png

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Samual Yoder

Registered

In my health conditions I would not want eternal life, my body is breaking down I can hardly get around, can't sleep have several brain tumors the surgen left in my brain when he removed the major one, no, I'll pass on eternal life.

Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Welcome to the forum from the Swedish contingent Sam

6. Jeff Elohim

Registered

All the health or illness conditions are temporal, temporary, earthly, fleshly, not heavenly, and not ever found in the life to come. They all could have been dealt with in this life on earth also, if pharmacy / pharmakeia had not deceived the whole world. Everything from tumors to seizures to not being able to sleep to pain can all be dealt with naturally for prevention and as a remedy to reverse the troubles, if it is not too late and too much damage already done in the body.
    The Amish, Mennonites, Gypsies, Jews, Chinese, Africans, and American Natives and many many more groups all had remedies and ways to prevent the sorrows/pain/malpractice at the hands of doctors.

I never heard anyone in any faith or country think that eternal life would be a continuation of the problems of this life.
    Oh, there is gnashing of teeth, like fire burning, worms that never die, for the wicked - either for a time or forever depending on things beyond our comprehension and control. All because of unbelief people will be condemned (and are condemned already) , to a continuation of far far far worse suffering than can be imagined, or maybe after a time nothingness.

And freely given Eternal Life without sorrow, without pain, without memory of the troubles, for those who trust the Creator >>
    Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their ...
    [​IMG]https://biblehub.com › revelation › 21-4.htm
    Verse 4. - And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more (Revised Version)

7. Samual Yoder

Registered

I never get into discussing religion, it never ends well, everyone has there own beliefs who am I to tell anyone their beliefs are right or wrong.

8. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Jeff Elohim I agree with @Samual Yoder this is the introduction forum and should be used for welcome messages and kept free from off the subject posts such as politics and religion

9. Jeff Elohim

Registered

You and he may be right. I see posts and reply without knowing what section they are in - I reply and post to the topic or content. I do not even know what section this post now is in , just replying to your post.

Susan Paynter likes this.
  10. Samual Yoder

Registered

"there is nothing for you to share with anyone that would help them or encourage them or give them hope for health and joy and peace and eternal life", NO, NO, and NO again, my life is full of pain and drugs, doctor visits, visits to ER, how the heck am I going to share health and joy and peace and eternal life with anyone? The after life is a religious concept that not all people believe in, I for one. Since I don't believe in it it would be difficult to try to convince or and get others to believe.

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Samual Yoder

Registered

This is America, freedom of speech is allowed, nothing you post or say is going to upset or preturb me, go for it.

Faye Fox likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, this is America where Freedom of Speech is allowed, but that so-called "freedom" only goes so far.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

So, Samual, just what do you plan on sharing with the forum? Just wondering.

14. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Lehigh Valley is just over the hill from me. Welcome. Here's something in case you feel homesick.

upload_2021-10-6_12-25-48.jpeg

15. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome, Samuel.