Sinister, No, But Maybe Clandestine

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Frank Sanoica, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I have knowledge gained in good faith that all of my posts seem to be closely viewed by a member who does not contribute beyond just looking. This member has not been observed viewing others to any great degree. Humbling, to have been singled out? Or, awaiting sudden execution of a serious blow! Ha, ha!

Seriously, it seems to be an inevitable part of every forum with which I have been associated that a certain amount of subterfuge "behind the scenes" is always carried on. Seems to keep folks' adrenalin flowing, or something. Certainly, it surprises me how much others know of one-another's activities and business. It further surprises me that out of the blue, a friend reveals my being scrutinized, this should make me feel, what, "valuable"? Or maybe despised.

Damn, this reminds me of the Dana Plant in Indiana, I returned after being away six years as Facilities Engineer. In learning my way around, I was aware that any phone extension in the plant could access the voice paging system. Commonly, as raw materials were getting low in some department, words would ring out summoning Ed Gephart, who drove a fork-lift truck, to come to Finishing, Punch Press, the Dock, or wherever. Dozens of pages calling the poor guy. When too many came at one time, he could be seen sitting idle, awaiting prioritization! Anyway, I soon became aware of a strange ringing sound now and then emanating from the page system. It came in a series of "clunks", clang, clang clang, .........clang. It was code! The workers advised one another when it was safe, for example, to lay back in laxity as their fore-person had left the department for whatever reason! It was uncanny, yet well-structured. Industrial clandestine activity carried out from the lowest rung on the ladder!

I loved it just as I do the similarities in forums!

Frank

2. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Well people are people and there are always things that go on beyond the scenes. I think that is human nature. I don't think anyone is gonna "execute" you though..lol...if they try, we will support you!! Anyway, you never know what people are thinking, and I for one, am not gonna try to figure it out. I think most of us are friends here though, as much as you can be on a forum anyway. Just kick back and relax...there are more important things to worry about!:):)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I think I know who you are talking about but I can't say they are just viewing your posts, I've seen them view others too. Saw her look at one of mine once.

It's a female that has never posted, Right?

At first I thought It could have been the mod on another forum but you can view here just being a guest, except you can't see pics.

Also, this person can look in invisible mode so it really all doesn't make sense.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I wonder how you get to know if a member is viewing your post. But anyway, to have a viewer means you have a fan because he was spending time in reading your posts. And having a fan means it's either you are extremely handsome in your avatar or your writing is usually interesting. Take a pick but I guess you will agree with the latter choice that your writing has substance so there are lurkers viewing your posts. Well, that's my take on it - you have a fan for your posts.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

That's why I wear a mask when I'm posting.:D

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Corie Henson "I wonder how you get to know if a member is viewing your post"

Easy, Corie. Click on any member's name or avatar, then look at the little black box which appears at top of the screen. On it in tiny letters at the bottom, it will say "so & so was last seen viewing....." at (time).

Frank

Corie Henson likes this.
  8. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm confused on this. You can see who views your posts or is it only your profile. I think you can see who views your profile but how do you know who views your posts?

Corie Henson likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

On the right side of the main page, it says "members online now", and if you click that , it shows everyone, but you can select from members, guests, or robots. The list will show you what everyone is looking at right then.
    Another way is when someone is online, click on their name, and that takes you to the little box (like Frank was talking about), and it shows you what that person was looking at right then.
    If someone is in the invisible mode, then they do not show up for either of these searches.

Kitty Carmel likes this.
  10. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't care who looks at my posts. If I didn't want something to be seen I just wouldn't post it.

11. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Right on. I know some of mine are being seen, possibly by people living in my building. So, I just be more careful than normal.:D

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The Invisible Mode......
    [​IMG]

Patsy Faye and Ike Willis like this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered