Shopping Online. Do You Buy Fast Or Think About It?

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Kitty Carmel, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I have to admit I sometimes think about things and don't buy fast. I've probably missed out on a couple of things because of it.

I guess I have to just be in the mood. And it's not always expensive things. It could be a bar of soap from an Etsy shop. I'm still thinking about those expensive stainless steel cookie sheets.

There was a cute print I had saved to favorites on Etsy but it's gone from my favorites. Items may disappear and then reappear sometimes.

I know a lot of people here shop online also. Do you see something you like and buy fast or do you think about it?

Neville Telen likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I shop mostly on Amazon and I often think about a purchase before making one. Sometime I back out and change my mind entirely.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I usually have a look..put it in my basket...have a look some more...then if I don't see anything better I go back to my basket and press 'BUY""... I rarely think about it for long...that said, I have had about 10 things on my wish list on Amazon for months...

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It depends on what it is.

If it's a lego set a grandson wants I buy it as soon as I see it. If it's something I want, I check reviews and think about it awhile.

5. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

I am a dinosaur....I must admit to never ever buying anything online o_O

6. Kitty Carmel

Registered

I keep books in my Amazon cart. Many are save for later. Some I eventually delete. I check reviews also.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

With books I ask for a free sample, then after I read that....I usually don't buy the book, it's rare that I find a good book lately.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am usually a bargain hunter; so I will often shop around a lot before I buy something online, or even in the store, although I am more apt to impulse purchase something once I actually have it in my hands.
    Most often, I look at several places first, to see where I can get the best deal for the money; so I check Amazon, ebay, craigslist, and Walmart to see which one has the best bargain, and which item of what I am searching for that meets my needs the best.
    Sometimes, I just need something, I know exactly what I want, and there is not much choice of prices or how the item functions, and then I just go to the store or online and buy it.

9. Ann George

Ann George Veteran Member
    Registered

For me, it depends on the item being purchased. If it's something that is hard to find and is needed then I'll buy it sooner rather than later, especially if it's reduced. Personally, when browsing or window shopping I still prefer the brick and mortar stores where you can see/feel the item, ask questions about the product etc.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I do shop online mainly because I don't like shopping in Stores. When I do go online to shop I usually know what I am shopping for so I will check the price of what I want at my favorite online stores and will purchase then and there what I need or want from the one with the best price and usually free shipping.

11. Kitty Carmel

Registered

I too like to be able to hold and actually look at something before buying. Yet I have to admit I don't like to shop in stores all that much and like online shopping. I don't like excess packaging and I even have contacted online stores about what kind of packaging they use especially since I despise the plastic peanuts.

As I stated in another thread I hate JoAnne's fabric store. I buy fabric on Etsy. I bought some fabric with leaves and a white background from a fabric seller I like. But when I got the fabric the background was light yellow, not white so it didn't work for my intended project but I turned it into a cute fabric shopping bag instead. If I'm ever unsure or really need to know in the future, I'll ask the seller first.

12. Kitty Carmel

Registered

How do you get a free sample. I usually use the "look inside" feature on Amazon and that has been helpful. Sometimes it's enough to notice the style of writing and it actually made me realize I didn't want a book I was interested in because I didn't like the authors writing style.

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's one of the choices on the right side of the page on Amazon.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

15. Kitty Carmel

Registered

@Chrissy Cross Got it! I'm still all on paper when it comes to books. It's cool that you can get a free sample though with a Kindle.

Chrissy Cross likes this.