Selling Your Books

Discussion in 'Senior Employment' started by Diane Lane, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Krissttina Isobe Do you have any friends or co-workers (or church members) who live nearby and are also looking to downsize? If not, maybe you could pay them a little to help you out with transportation?

Right now, I'm working on the small things, the books, CDs and DVDs. I've got two boxes ready to go out tomorrow. I still haven't heard back from the one I shipped my box to last week. I have to double check the items downstairs (where most of them are) against the other sites. I only checked the books via the one site with an app that I posted about already, and they weren't interested in them, but that doesn't mean a different site wouldn't be. I am tired of trying to get buyers in the shops for the items I'm selling as it is, and ebay fees are too high for low priced items like these, since I don't have a shop there/am not a power seller. Going through each one and inputting the ISBN or UPC numbers can be a pain, but I'd rather do it than donate and lose out on money.

I wish I'd known about this a few years back, because I've already donated many books and DVDs. Unfortunately, I have some CDs that might be in demand, but since I have limited space, I threw out the cases and artwork with them and only held onto the actual disks. When I'm done with these, I'll start on the larger items again, such as trying to sell a few pieces of furniture. If I don't have any luck with that, I might donate at least a few, then rearrange everything so it works better for me.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:)Thanks I'll look into it. I've some comics to sell too, hopfully some money comes from it. I struck out when it came to my books so I just donate them to the library. Some books are just not for a buyer I guess. Well we just got to keep on trying to make some money don't we! Good luck!:)

3. Diane Lane

Registered

You might have better luck with the comics than books @Krissttina Isobe, especially certain ones. I don't know anything about them, but hopefully you have the right ones and they're in great condition.

I just finished dropping off a box of CDs/DVDs at the UPS pickup spot (they charge $1 - what the heck?), and the other box will be picked up by my mail lady later. I still have more DVDs to go through, but I'm not feeling well, and am going to take the day off for the most part, at least what's left of it. Hopefully I can sell some more of the books, CDs and DVDs later in the week, and then move onto selling other items.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:pMe too! Thanks.

5. Diane Lane

Registered

At least two of my three packages have been received at the sites that purchased them. They will look the items over, then let me know if they agree on how I rated their condition, and what they will pay. One stated they will pay tomorrow, and that one pays via direct deposit into my bank account. There's still one package out there that apparently hasn't been received yet. I'm interested to see if they agree re: the condition of the items. There are a few other companies interested in a few of my items, but many have a $20 minimum for free shipping, so I'll have to go through the rest of my books/CDs/DVDs to see if I can come up with that amount in merchandise they will be willing to buy.