Secret Diary. Do Not Read

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Beth Gallagher, May 26, 2021.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Ok, I had to look up podnuh. It was a new word for me hahaha! I thought it was just paard in Texas but I stand corrected. Once I put the drawl to it, it made sense. At first, I thought you meant podunk which all my rural Texas kin used to mean insignificant. "I was born in a little podunk town in Texas."

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm feeling a little better today; not quite so "weepy" or nauseated. We have had a very rainy spring and summer so far; seems like it rains almost every day. Of course that's helping to keep the temperatures moderate so I'm not complaining. Also I hardly have to worry about watering the outside plants which is nice.

Lately I've had a yearning to do some traveling so I'm feeling oppressed by cancer treatments that require us to stay near home. Our poor RV is languishing in storage with no travel planned for at least 6 months or more. One more aggravation of stupid cancer. :mad: We have considered selling the RV but somehow dealing with tire-kickers has been low on our "let's do that" list.

I got it in my head that I want a bed jacket to have after my surgery next month. Who knew that bed jackets have gone the way of the dinosaurs? They are very difficult to find; I suppose not exactly a hot item but whatever. There are a couple of choices on Amazon but not exactly what I want, so maybe I'll just buy a zip-front hoodie or something.

Faye Fox and John Brunner like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Don't sell the RV unless you are financially required to do so. You will be back on your feet, and travelling in familiar surroundings rather than the new RV you would have to buy will be comforting.

4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Nope; not financially required. Just hate to see it sitting in the covered storage for a year or more. :confused: Before the Covid mess we had considered trading it for a Sprinter-based chassis model to downsize but that never happened. Now we aren't inclined to dump any more money into a wasting asset.

Weird to say but if we were traveling now, I'd be happy to see higher gas prices. That is one bonus that keeps the campground availability high. :D Although the summer months were never our choice for travel; too many screaming kids everywhere and I'm not interested in that these days.

Don Alaska, Faye Fox and John Brunner like this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Gee, you sound like me.

As soon as school was back in session after Labor Day, I would go to Nags Head (N.C.) or Virginia Beach.

-Fewer crowds
    -Less kids
    -Happier me

I've even spent Christmas at the beach a few times. Except for trying to find an open restaurant on Christmas night, it's a very relaxing experience.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Beth, maybe taking a trip in your RV with your husband would be a wonderful thing for you and your husband before you have your surgery.

You have been on a roller coaster ride for the past six months. Just maybe after you finish this last treatment and get over the effects of it...you would find getting away in your RV for a short while with your husband a time of peace and relaxation before you have to get back on that roller coaster again.

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Babs; that sounds good except I really don't feel like riding. It is very expensive to take an RV trip getting about 6.5-7 mpg with an 80-gallon gas tank, campground fees, etc., so I want to make sure I feel like traveling before we head out. Also, it's a lot of work packing food and clothing, up and down the steps, etc.--it takes hours to get ready and in this heat. And finally, it's not much fun traveling in the summer when all the good campgrounds are already booked and full of kids running through campsites, etc. so I'm pretty sure it's a no-go.

We live about 45 miles from Galveston so I'm thinking we'll just drive down to the beach in the Jeep and spend the day one day soon.

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

53383214_642992656134076_4189396806590791680_n.jpg

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

My life is so boring lately that I need to start making up stuff for my diary. I checked off my to-do list for today...

1. Read other people's interesting diary threads and sigh ... CHECK!
    2. Get into a forum dust-up with Lon .... CHECK!
    3. Take a couple of threads off-topic to annoy Ken .... CHECK!
    4. Put some "likes" on random stuff ... CHECK!
    5. Review all the lame jokes/cartoons/memes I have stored on my PC to try to remember which ones I've already posted, then give up and post them anyway. .... CHECK!

Guess I'll go dig around for a couple of Cheetos or something.

10. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You sound bored.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yeah; I might as well go to bed.

Frank Sanoica and Faye Fox like this.
  12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Now that is the Beth I miss. Annoying Ken and dusting up with Lon hahaha!

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Good job, Checkoff.
    [​IMG]

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Last October, I bought two "Ttukbaegi" bowls because I was going to attempt some Korean recipes I've been eyeing on Youtube. A Ttukbaegi is a stoneware bowl, fired at extremely high temperatures and can be used on a stovetop burner. I actually found several on Amazon and ended up buying two of this one, with the lid...

[​IMG]

And y'all know me... any excuse to buy another semi-useful kitchen item.

With all the crap that's been going on with me lately, trying Korean recipes has not been high on the to-do list, but I was watching that Youtube channel again and thought "hmmmmm." :D There are several different very simple recipes for "steamed eggs" that looks kind of like a savory custard, which I can use my shiny new Ttukbaegi bowls to make. I recently threw out my fish sauce because the smell of it makes me want to hurl, but I guess I'll have to buy a new bottle and an air mask to wear while using it.* Steamed eggs are coming soon to a kitchen near me.

* Which reminds me, I ended up tossing that jar of kimchi I bought a few months ago, unopened. It actually expired before I got up the nerve to taste it. :rolleyes:

John Brunner likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

In case anyone is interested in Korean Steamed Eggs...

John Brunner likes this.