Questions On Covid Vaccines ( Not Politically Motivated )

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Mary Stetler, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth, hugs to you. My daughter was encouraged to get the shot before chemo and I wondered why if chemo was going to remove all immunity. My oldest daughter in the medical community could not answer that. So much confusion.:(

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have gone to see info on alternative meds that I use at the mayo site and found conflicting info to my research and experience. But I do appreciate your sources to check out further.
    I have found the source of a lot of concern at conspiracy theories.
    https://sociable.co/government-and-policy/timeline-great-reset-agenda-event-201-pandemic-2020/

Martha Ferris likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you, Mary. For a time my oncologist didn't recommend my having the vaccine because it can cause lymph node swelling in some people and causes false positives on cancer scans. After I had my last scan he gave the OK, but I just don't feel like it these days.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A recent study released by Thomas Jefferson University has now shown that RNA can actually be included into the DNA sequence, which was not believed to be possible. The consequences of this on the vaccine results are unknown. I encourages me in my thoughts that young folks shouldn't be vaccinated with mRNA vaccines.

Link to summary

I can send you the original research article if you are interested, but it is tough reading unless you are used to reading this stuff. If you want it, send me your email by PM as I don't know how to do an attachment to the forum messages.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

And you know that how? Given that the virus itself is less than two years old and the vaccines are only a few months old, can you tell me what you could possibly know about the long-term effects of either?

6. Joyce Senior

Joyce Senior Well-Known Member
    Registered

I can tell you about the known effects of people who have had them for a year; that's long-term enough for me. The worst case is someone who's now in a memory clinic hoping to get some short-term memory back. That means she can't make new memories -- not five minutes' worth. She got the virus about a year ago. She isn't the only person I know with long-haul COVID, just the worst case.

7. Ken Anderson

Okay, so you're only concerned with the short-term effects of people who you know. That's fine, but they are recommending these vaccinations even for children, so potential long-term effects should be taken into consideration, in my opinion.

8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

We won't know the long-term effects of either for decades. A year is considered short-term. If Covid patients develop lupus within 20 years as a result of the disease, that would be a long-term effect. If those vaccinated develop lupus or some other autoimmune syndrome, that would also be long-term. No one knows the long term effects of either yet, but the vaccine is "voluntary" while the disease is a matter of chance. Some of the people I know of who contracted Covid were the ones who were the most paranoid about it and followed all the rules, distanced, masked, and washed hands and surfaces. I am not sure that the method of transmission is known. It was assumed to be respiratory because A) other coronaviruses are respiratory B) It was released by Chinese dissidents that human fetal respiratory tissue was used to culture the virus, and C) The powers-that-be wanted to be able to tell people things they could do to prevent the spread, whether they actually worked or not. It was known from research during the H1N1 virus "epidemic" that neither masks nor hand sanitizer did anything to prevent the spread of that virus. Hand washing and distance did seem to have some effect, but it was not a guarantee that the virus would not be transmitted.

9. Joyce Senior

Joyce Senior Well-Known Member
    Registered

Of course long-term effects should be taken into consideration! That means long-term effects of both the virus and the vaccine. Short-term effects of the virus include death. Mid- and long-term effects are being shown to be very bad for many people. The technology for the mRNA vaccines has been around for a very, very long time and viral vector vaccines have also been around even longer. People who have been doing research on the mRNA technologies and vaccines in general and the effects of viral vector vaccines in particular have a very good handle on the probabilities, especially since they know what's happening in the bodies of test groups of people who have had the vaccines. This is the process that ALL medications go through. That includes new medications that you or your family might be taking. The vaccines have gone faster, but they’ve now been "tested" on millions of people; that's many, many more people than most medications get "tested" on in 10 years after authorization and certainly many, many more than all are tested on before they get authorization.

Why do you think I'm interested only in the short-term effects of people I know? What did I say that would have put you into that mindset?

Martha Ferris and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

These Covid vaccines are the first MRNA vaccines ever used on humans. The technology may have been around for a while, but even use of this technology in animals has failed due to side effects of the vaccines. Granted some people have died as a consequence of infection by this virus or group of viral variants, most of the people who have been listed in the "Covid deaths" are those who have died WITH Covid, not from Covid. The overall death rate in the U.S. at least has not risen that much in 2020. Those who died of terminal diseases were listed as Covid deaths even if they were not tested for the virus since reimbursement rates were better and the media hyped it in an attempt to make Trump look worse.

Babs Hunt and Ken Anderson like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

@Jeff Elohim I believe the FDA revised the definition of vaccine to cover the injections from lawsuits and make them immune under the 1980s blanket immunity. They would not have been considered vaccines under the previous definition.

12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I guarantee that Ebola and Marburg viruses cause death.

13. Martha Ferris

Martha Ferris Well-Known Member
    Registered

From the Summary: "In a series of elegant experiments, the researchers tested polymerase theta against the reverse transcriptase from HIV, which is one of the best studied of its kind. They showed that polymerase theta was capable of converting RNA messages into DNA, which it did as well as HIV reverse transcriptase, and that it actually did a better job than when duplicating DNA to DNA. Polymerase theta was more efficient and introduced fewer errors when using an RNA template to write new DNA messages, than when duplicating DNA into DNA, suggesting that this function could be its primary purpose in the cell."
    "Our research suggests that polymerase theta's main function is to act as a reverse transcriptase," says Dr. Pomerantz. "In healthy cells, the purpose of this molecule may be toward RNA-mediated DNA repair. In unhealthy cells, such as cancer cells, polymerase theta is highly expressed and promotes cancer cell growth and drug resistance. It will be exciting to further understand how polymerase theta's activity on RNA contributes to DNA repair and cancer-cell proliferation."

14. Martha Ferris

Martha Ferris Well-Known Member
    Registered

Where is your evidence? Anyone can say anything they want but the key is can they back it up with supported evidence?

Nancy Hart likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

That's true for the vaccine too.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.