Questions And Answers. Come On In!

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Karen McKenzie, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Karen McKenzie

Karen McKenzie Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't mind comments at all..but next poster will just have to hunt a little for the question..it's fine :)

2. Karen McKenzie

Registered

I love scrambled eggs...

Are you grouchy in the morning?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Grouchy? Hell, I'm grouchy not only in the morning! Just ask my wife! A jokester, years back, might have been Henny Youngman, always quipped, "Take my wife.......Please. "

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Just to reply to your as yet unanswered question @Linda Binning, I almost always buy good quality shoes, but I've often paid less than £30 for them especially in Spain and Greece where the quality of leather is higher and the prices much lower..

Does anyone still keep a journal or diary on a regular basis, written in pen and ink on paper ?

5. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I keep a diary when I go away, whether it be work or holiday. I use a notebook and a pen. In fact, my first book could never have happened without the diaries I kept in Eritrea. They filled four school exercise books.

I suppose I ought to leave the same question in place. Anyone?

6. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I do. Pen and ink and have since 1980. I wish I had before that. It really helps me to feel grounded and know where I was when and a little bit about what I was doing.

Does the noise of small children tend to get on your nerves the older you get?

7. Karen McKenzie

Registered

Yes Linda..mostly screaming, whiny kids in a restaurant..but the other thing is loud music in a restaurant.

what girl's name would you pick if you were having a baby girl :) ( yes I know you're not..we're playing here..lol)

8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Isabella, that's what name we picked for my grandson Nicholas but he was a boy. :)

Same question

9. Karen McKenzie

Registered

Oh, I like that name..ok..I like Amanda

What was your first job?

10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

My very first job ( not paid ) was as a milk delivery girl ages 12...my father was a milkman for a couple of years and he used to get my brother (age 11) and me out of bed at 3am, to help with the milk round...we'd work hauling heavy milk crates into the lifts(elevators) of 6 20 storey apartment blocks, and start at the top, and do every floor to the bottom, then we had 4 roads nearby to deliver to, as well... we'd get dropped home just in time to have a quick wash, a very quick breakfast then walk 2 miles to school... On Friday nights and Saturday mornings we had to go around all the houses collecting the milk money from the customers, I shudder now to think of the potential danger we were in carrying all that money around with us, but fortunately only once we felt in danger and we managed to get away....

My very first paying job was as a sewing machinist in a factory, it was the very last thing I wanted to do, but my father wasn't prepared to allow me to stay on at school, he wanted me to leave and earn money, so at 15 he found me a job working in a factory making Bras... I hated it, the women were just horrible, they swore like navvies, and the would fight anyone at the bat of an eye. It was a real culture shock to me because I had no idea that grown women could swear like that..much less want to beat each other up all the time..

I managed to find myself another job within a month working as an office junior for a Computer and Punch tape company... much more refined..LOL

Same question....

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Waitress in a coffee shop when a was 16.

Same question.

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Working at the snack shop at Children's Hospital on weekends when I was 18. It wasn't far from the University of Pittsburgh. Didn't help the freshman weight gain that's always talked about because I got food for free and I mostly took the candy bars.

Have you ever been drunk enough where you didn't remember parts of the evening?

13. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

More often than I should have been.

Who would play you in a film of your life?

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Julie Delphy

Same question.

15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Boris Karloff.

Same question.