Police Reform?

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember, years ago, I didn't have a vehicle and had to use public transit. I had visited a girl, left her place and was walking across a main street to a bus stop. A patrol car was sitting in the parking lot on the corner. The officer got out and called me over to his patrol car. He asked me where I'd been and where I was going. I told him. He then asked me for my name/address and I gave it to him. He then told me that a personal robbery had happened not to far from the bus stop and they were looking for a man. He also told me that there wasn't much of a description of the man, other than his build and height, that matched mine. He said "thank you for the information (my name, etc.) and have a nice evening." The bus came up, I said "goodbye Sir" and got on the bus. During the entire time he was talking to me, I said "yes Sir", "no Sir" of which he liked.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think law enforcement need more training in subduing (arresting) a person. If a person resists, just what is an officer suppose to do???? It has already been proven that a taser doesn't stop someone who has meth or whatever in their system. Actually, it can make the person more combative!

People have to understand what an officer/officers go thru on a daily basis. It's not a "walk in the park" type of job!

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yesterday, two policemen in California were ambushed and shot by “protesters”, even though the police were only sitting in their patrol vehicle.
    One of the officers was a mother with a six year old daughter, and both officers are in critical condition.
    Protesters stood outside of the emergency room doors to the hospital , screaming that they hoped this lady died, while her family was inside, praying for the mother’s life.
    Police reform is NOT about murdering people because they are part of law enforcement; it is about making sure that the police are properly trained in what to do to protect people, and that police that don’t follow these rules are fired and not able to do police work anymore.

F4649636-8BD0-4186-B371-9ACE6DAA1345.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

There is a short security camera video of the shooting of the two police officers last night. This is a screenshot of that video and you can see that he is shooting right into the car, and the officers have done nothing to provoke the attack. In the video, you see the shooter run up to the parked vehicle, shoot the occupants, and then dash off down the street.

4A5AA728-F646-44C4-B24C-D413FBA7C5AB.jpeg

5. Yvonne Smith

6. Mary Miller

Mary Miller Well-Known Member
    Registered

One needs to look at the rest of the stories to find that the police were not wrong in their actions, I think, in all but one of the high profile situations. Law breakers and drugs were the issues.
    Blacks are shot predominantly by other blacks. Whites are shot by the police too. Sadly the race situation is real, hundreds of years old. But now when the problem is made so public and getting sympathy, if blacks start pushing and trying to take advantage instead of becoming mainstream, their situation will continue, being self fulfilling.

7. Mary Miller

Mary Miller Well-Known Member
    Registered

The difference is you did as you were told and did not get belligerent. Lots of people of color do not. I had a handiman who I swear would get arrested to get out of work. He would mouth off whenever around police.