Old Charlie

Discussion in 'People I Have Known' started by Frank Sanoica, May 30, 2017.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Known him since high school, we're born 5 days apart in July. The Colorado River beckons to him, as it does also my wife, she being a "laker", in Hoosier lingo. Yesterday and today, the two of them ventured in for about an hour. Not me! Charlie and his lady friend have been visiting us since Saturday, very busy holiday weekend, but a charter flight from Rockford, Illinois was too tempting, it included room at Riverside Hotel. Been on the go with them since.

[​IMG]

Here I am holding Charlie's shorts. He is getting a bit forgetful, had swim trunks on beneath the shorts, waded out to near waist-depth before realizing the shorts were still on! We had a good laugh, but not Sandy! Reprimand time! They will be leaving tomorrow late afternoon. One last get-together tomorrow for lunch. He will turn 75 five days after me, soon............he and Sandy tossed enough dough in the slots to hopefully warrant a free or perhaps subsidized return trip. I tested the water temp. with my hand.....uh, uh! Maybe 70 degrees!
    Frank
    [​IMG]

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds mighty good ta me Frank, Colorado river is a grand sounding name :)