Newly Diagnosed And Frankly, It's Scary

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey there Lulu! Thanks; I'm "chuffed" that the chemo is working but still full of dread about upcoming treatment. I agree that all of this beats the alternative. Hope you had a happy Mother's Day as well, and thank for checking in.

Jim Brown, Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Man, what a day I had yesterday; I don't think I've ever been sicker in my life. All those "dreads" I had about the Red Devil were totally on the mark. Not sure I can do this three more times. :( I'm still shaky and queasy today, though I did sleep well thanks to Big Pharma. I have "puffy steroid face" and a nice rash across my cheeks; very glamorous.

Anyhow, yesterday was tough.

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sorry, it's tough, it's so sickening but something you need to do by your self. I feel for you. I do.

4. Jim Brown

Jim Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

A friends wife went through it two years ago. At times it was real hard. At other times, not as bad. The main thing Beth is, do your best to keep a positive attitude. It won't be easy, but I believe you can do it. I will continue to pray for your quick and total recovery.

5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Take it one step at a time, will the doctor give you something for the shakes and being queasy. Maybe they will dissipate on their own, you're a strong lady it may not be as bad next time. Your glamour is in you're being, cosmetic stuff will go away. I will pray 4 you to keep your strength & Outlook up, to beat this dreaded disease.

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, everyone. I'm finally feeling like "Cancer Person" and I don't like it. :confused:

@Tony Page -- Haha, the "glamour" ship sailed years ago, if it indeed was ever in port!

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth,
    You see that's your strength talkin "I don't like it". Then don't let the cancer Define you, stick with you're core.
    Remember" Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Are the treatments each week? I am wishing that time passes fast for you and this is history soon. Hang in there!

9. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

((((BETH))))
    ((((Beth)))) ((((Beth)))) ((((Beth))))
    I want you to Live and Be Well.

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

These AC treatments are 3 weeks apart, for 12 weeks. So I only have 3 to go. :confused: I'm tryin' to hang but it's tough.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

[​IMG] Thanks, Lulu. I just want this to be over with.

Jim Brown and Tony Page like this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

{{{{{Beth}}}}} Hang in there, girl.

13. Jim Brown

Jim Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hang in there Beth. You will be fine. I forgot to tell you, my friends wife is totally clear of cancer now, and is back to normal.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, Jim. I know there are plenty of cancer survivors, but I have trouble with the "back to normal" part. I don't believe anyone who has gone through the terror and hell of cancer is ever normal again. There is a new normal but life is not the same as "BC." Since there is no cure for cancer, the specter is always hanging over one's head whether consciously or not. At any rate, I truly appreciate your efforts to comfort and lift my spirits, and I'm very happy for your friend's wife.

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Physically, this has been the hardest week I have had. I hate being such a whiner but feeling sick, weak and unwell makes me cranky and emotional. My oncologist made the mistake of messaging me yesterday to ask how I'm doing, and he got the unvarnished truth... I'm not sure this is worth it. I told him I don't want to go through this hell to die anyway; I'd rather be in palliative care and at least feel like myself.

He responded kindly and said that they will work hard to control my side effects, but I'm not sure there is a control. When I consider the possible long-term damage to my body from this harsh chemo, I'm not at all sure I want to continue. This is hard.