My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne, it's just something about Jacksonville...……..it just isn't that friendly and both of us have lived in much, much friendlier areas. I get along great with our mailman, who is older than the UPS dude. For those that don't live here in Jacksonville right now, they really can't say how friendly or unfriendly it is. We live here and can!

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

It's the same here in the UK tbh...there's parts of the Uk that are deemed to be much more unfriendly than others. It's a generalisation of course, because there's grumpy people everywhere as well as friendly... but here in the south we're deemed to be unfriendly compared to the north...

We're deemed to be stuck up here in the south , and too snooty... , and I'm originally from the North and I can say that generally speaking it's true. In the North everyone will speak to you.. standing at a bus stop, in a supermarket queue, on the train, anywhere really... .....here they look at you as if your mad if you start up a conversation with a stranger and often will completely ignore you !!...but I've got used to it after 40 years , and I still talk to strangers, :D not everyone is standoffish....

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that some of this is due to the area being either small towns or large cities, also. When I lived in Idaho, it was an area of smaller towns, and even if we didn’t know everyone, we all said hello , and you could expect the checkers at the grocery sore to happily greet you. They knew you were a regular shopper there, and we all saw them whenever we shopped at that store.
    When I was out horseback riding, we always waved at any cars and trucks that came past us, and they would slow down (as a courtesy not to scare the horse) and wave back.
    In larger cities, that seldom happens, although we have shopped a the nearby Kroger store for long enough that @Bobby Cole and i know most of the checkers there, and we all say a happy hello to each other.
    Like the UPS guy, we are friends with our mail-lady, and she always waves, even when she does not have a package for us.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne--how did those sheets work out, since you've had them a while?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

We really like them ! Not sure that they do anything special with the magnetic part, but they are comfy, and easy to keep clean.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

According to the Hermes site my rug has been in transit since last week, and should have arrived last Friday, but of course it hasn't .. so I called wayfair, and their customer service guy was so helpful. he agreed that it seemed to be stuck or lost at the Hermes depot which is just in North London 10 miles from here, and there's no obvious reason why , so he's contacted them and said it should be delivered by Wednesday...

he was so kind, unlike most CS folks on the end of the phone of a large online company.. he even said, that getting through to a good customer service agent can be quite difficult often (ain't that the truth, ), so he gave me his personal extension number if ever I have any problems in the future with anything at all I may order.. excellent !!:D

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Last week was Macy's "Friends & Family" sale so the packages should start rolling in soon. :D (woohoo)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Don't forget one for me please..... :D

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

O How I love my Amazon Prime----They just delivered 24 rolls of Charmin Toilet Paper that I just ordered last night and the price was better than the local super market. Hopefully this will last me a week.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

We really enjoy Amazon, too, although we do not use the overnight shipping. It is usually here in two days, and we always order in time for that to be soon enough.
    I would have thought that , as much as you pay per month of an assisted living housing, that they would furnish things like toilet paper, since not all of the people are as capable as you are to be able to order online.

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

I do it every month..I sign up for Amazon prime, 30 day trial, particularly now so much is Prime only.... then I order my stuff, and as soon is it gets here the next day I cancel my membership... :D

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I love Amazon. Today I received my monthly "Subscribe and Save" items... paper towels, k-cups, individual creamers, paper napkins, batteries, a large container of mixed nuts, toilet paper, etc. Very convenient. According to my Amazon account, I have placed 134 orders in the past 6 months. :eek:

Lon Tanner and Frank Sanoica like this.
  13. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm supporting the US economy. Yeah, I do. :) Bought these shoes offered by Cal-based K-Swiss.

schuh klein.jpg

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

2 Bottles of Vitamins arrived this morning, from our local Health food store....

Vit B12, and Biotin!!

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

From Audible.com, three audio books. Due to my ineptness the purchase took the better part of two hours.