My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Today I received two 48" metal shepherd's hooks to hold birdhouses in the back yard. They came in a "yuge" box and by UPS, so the shipping probably cost Amazon more than the product.

Faye Fox, Von Jones and John Brunner like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

bb.png

No, they don't need weight control food but this is a new line of kibble from Blue so I want to see how they like it.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Just placed a Walmart order.

-3 pairs of suspenders
    --These hook under your belt rather than clamp to the top of your pants. I love them for when I'm doing work around the house or property...they cannot *sproing* off of my work pants when stressed.

-2# of Broccoli seeds to sprout

-8 oz. broccoli, clover, alfalfa seed mix for spouting

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Cat Food for my new room mate Cranberry. PelletCanned & Treats

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My order for a replacement power cord for a Toshiba laptop came. I bought at the flea market last Sunday. The vendor said he was selling it for parts and he couldn't tell me anything about it. He had it marked for $10 but sold it to me for $5. I know it was a gamble but it works. Windows XP. Now I have something to look at all my Mom's old programs one of which is learning Spanish.

6. Ken Anderson

I use the ones that hook onto the belt loops, which seem to work well. The clip ones don't.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. John Brunner

I had a Walmart package delivered today and there were lots of weird issues with the whole ordering & delivery process, not least of which is it was delivered by Fed Ex yet stuck in my mailbox. Being Fed Ex, I searched for the package everywhere BUT there when I got my "It's been delivered" email.

I just read a Feb 2020 article that there were negotiations underway to permit private carriers to use mailboxes (would really help here where my house is 1/2 mile down a gravel right-of-way.) I then stumbled on a USPS employee's forum (although it's not outright called that) and a comment 3 months ago indicates that this is not legal.

My mail was delivered hours after that package, and according to what I read, my mailman should have yanked the package, taken it in, and they should have charged Fed Ex for using the box (full postage if I read the responses correctly.) I have no idea how long that process takes and what notification (if any) I would have received...and from whom. My mailman was either being a good guy or he may have figured it was something he previously delivered and I had yet to retrieve it (I don't get my mail every day.) Or I misread that carriers' forum and this was a perfectly legit thing for Fed Ex to do.

I was on the Fed Ex website looking at this delivery and happened to get a Survey link. I told them where the package had been left and gave them the tracking#. Personally, I don't care one way or the other. But Fed Ex needs to know if they have a rogue driver putting them at risk.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I ordered a pink baseball cap from Amazon.

9. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well, since I lost my beloved dog last summer, I decided to purchase a device that screws into where my flood light was that lit up my back yard.

I did this because there have been some recent burglaries in our area (the next door neighbor below us lost some things out of his car that he forgot to lock).
    The gadget that I bought screws into the socket where my old flood light was that lights up the back of my house (the old one had no tech stuff built in so it was rarely used).

I told the guy at Lowes dept store that I wasn't good at electrical stuff, so I just wanted something that was easy to install, like to just screw it in.
    So I found a Utilitech Do. insert that detects motion and I bought a E26 VFL light bulb to use in it and tested it yesterday, and it worked perfectly. The device and bulb came to about $30.

Now, if there is any movement in my back yard, I will know it. (my next device will be one with an alarm and security camera if someone is around). I already have a solar panel for a motion detector that lights up my deck.)

Its sad, but the way the world is going now, we have to be very careful about hoodlums roaming the area, and my small shed houses some of my tools and riding mower.

10. John Brunner

That stinks. I've not lived in an area where that has been an issue (at least, not by someone I'm not related to.) You gotta do what you gotta do.

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Bought a lightning cord for my iPad yesterday. Today I bought a bill of groceries
    from Walmart for delivery later today.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Today's my grocery delivery day too, Bill. I was just thinking I should have added a rotisserie chicken so I wouldn't have to cook dinner. :D

Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

14. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Can you call, have it delivered later or do you have to have a certain dollar amount?

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I can add things to the order for a limited time; unfortunately that time has run out. Story of my life. :D (It's one hour till delivery time.)

Yvonne Smith likes this.