My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I'd be very interested to know how you like the sheets and if they begin to relieve any pains. Keeping my fingers crossed they do! Would you report back please, Yvonne?

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Jack Knight

Jack Knight Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Last was a Masterbuilt Electric smoker. Works like advertised. Took a hint about using a pork loin to make ham and it came out great. Sliced for sandwiches, thick for breakfast ham & cubed for green beans & ham.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Leaf bags. I use them for compost, and no one is carrying them locally this time of year.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My newest grandbaby's first Bible plus some all in one outfits for him.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you look up copper-infused sheets, the main thing that they offer is that copper kills bacteria, so it is beneficial for that. However, when you look at copper benefits, you can see that they make and sell all sorts of copper infused gloves, elbow and knee braces, and much more, and those are sold for the arthritis benefits.
    Probably, since this is not a “tested and proven” ability of copper sheets, they can’t say much about this as a benefit; but I can’t see why it would not help, and some of the reviews of these sheets mentioned that it had helped their arthritis pain.
    Since we only slept on them for one night, I really can’t say much about arthritis benefits yet, but I can say that they are soft, comfortable, and were easy to put on the bed.
    Some of them are advertised at close to $100 per set online; but the same exact brand was $12-$15 at Amazon, which is one of the reasons that I even found them in the first place. They were about $50 on the HSN video on youtube.
    When the sheets arrived, there was a 20% off coupon, so I ordered a second set, which only cost me $10+ with the discount. You just can’t get a sheet set any cheaper, and we are really happy thus far. Will make a full report once we have had them for a while.

https://www.designerliving.com/prod...!img/1f1e9162340bd2be8153d78294b056e4bd59bc87

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Hubs bought a couple of Freezer thermometers....

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Got all of our stuff in now.

9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I recently ordered a few items from the NFL's website - early Christmas presents. A Steelers' jacket and two Steelers' knit hats, one for Johnny and one for my grandson.

My grandson received his Dad's hat which didn't have the pom pom on top which he liked better. So I ventured on to the website and found one he liked but didn't stop there. If you are or know someone who is a die hard football fan of any team I recommend going there. Anyway when the package arrived and I pulled out the hat for my grandson Johnny began to reach for it. 'This is for Clayton.' I said. Oh, if you could have seen the disappointed look on his face before he said, 'I want one.' It should be arriving soon.

10. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

We ordered a new battery for our rechargeable Coleman lantern. We found out it had lived a long happy life of about 18 years when we had a power failure last week. Thankfully they still make the batteries so we will be back in business by Saturday !

11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

A book. I tried to buy a camera on line the other day but tried four times to checkout.
    Unable to do so I deleted it all. However, @Frank Sanoica if that tail pipe, muffler assembly, etc comes in a cardboard box I could probably use that to make a blind to
    shoot birds and wild life with my new camera I didn't buy online. My birds and wild animals
    appear a little skittish when they see me. They run and hide. Looks klike Lon is set up to
    let the goodtimes roll.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

A pair of skechers sport trainers for my o/h..which arrived Sunday... and Monday morning I ordered some bedding, supposed to arrive Friday, but half of it ( A luxury Down comforter) has been delivered this morning, ...very quick indeed given the vast amount of deliveries that are being made at this time of year!!

Now I don't want to moan really because online shopping can be a boon... but the latter (the bedding ) was ordered from Amazon..and much as it might be nice to receive parcels before the expected date, it's sometimes very inconvenient too... My neighbours will take it in for me if they're at home, but they work full time and also I don't like to inconvenience them like that , so it does get on my nerves when Amazon deliver days before the promised date.. ( better earlier than later I know..but still)

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I understand , @Holly Saunders , but we live where no one can see the house from the street or road, so if we get stuff early, the delivery folks just put it inside our entryway, which we never lock. If it comes in the Postal Service, we have to drive 15 miles to pick it up whenever it comes. FedEx and UPS deliver to our door.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just ordered a refurbished desktop from Amazon. I don't know when it will get here. The earthquake knocked the computer and monitor on the floor, and, while it worked for a while, it is now making an awful noise, so I think some stuff must have gotten knocked loose. Last night I thought a helicopter was flying low over the house, but discovered it was just the computer. The old desktop is over 10 years old anyway, so it needed replacing.

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  15. Sir Walter Pasty

Sir Walter Pasty Veteran Member
    Registered

Amazon gift vouchers for Christmas