My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

My last online purchase was a new salad spinner. I spun the old one to death !

Attached Files:

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I bought a belt sander from Amazon yesterday.
    I had to do a little soul searching because I have seen less expensive sanders at Harbor Freight and as a matter of fact, for nearly half the price that I paid.
    What sold the Amazon one was that it has 18 belts that come with it. When I figure that the belts cost upward of $2-$3 a piece when I buy them separately I made a pretty good deal.
    The Harbor Freight sander is about $25 and if I add in the cost of 18 belts the cost would be from 85-90 bucks.
    The Amazon belt sander has more functions and with the 18 belts that are included it comes out at $54 for a savings of about 35 beans.

Holly Saunders and Tim Burr like this.
  3. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks, Holly. We know, though, that there's worse than that. (Health problems, you know.) I'll just have to keep a stiff upper...;)
    They picked it up an hour ago but not without photographing everything to make sure it was already there before they transported it back.
    The replacement is due to arrive on Tuesday. Hope that this will be the end of the story...

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I ordered some Wilson socks, over-the-calf type, from Wilson website and less than a week later, they were delivered by UPS. I've ordered the same socks from Wilson before and got to us just as quickly. Can't find these socks sold at any store here, so "online I go".

Will also be ordering wildlife coffee mugs, wildlife throw blankets for each of us, wildlife or mountain kitchen towels and possibly wildlife or mountain small rugs for living room. This is all for Christmas and to be used in Colorado. Want to do this while we still have the income we do.

May end up ordering, online also, nighttime yellow glasses for me and possibly sunglasses for me (if Academy Sports doesn't have any). Since I won't be wearing prescription glasses anymore, have no need for the daytime or nighttime clip-on's I have.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wondered if I could order an iPad cover with a photo on it, and when I looked at Walmart.com, they can make all kinds of things from one of your own photos, but it was $50 to get an iPad cover made.
    That seemed pretty expensive because those little flip-covers are usually around $10-$15 to buy at Amazon; so I looked to see what else they could make for a more reasonable price, and I ended up ordering a 13oz coffee tumbler, with a picture of my beloved Chipper on it.
    It actually took 2 pictures, so one picture was just Chipper (looking beautiful), and the other side has Chipper and our little Sheba Pom (also over Rainbow Bridge) cuddled together.
    It came out really beautiful, and was totally worth the $10 it cost. Now I can see my Chipper whenever I am having a cup of coffee.
    AB10A0F9-8CE3-409B-AD19-7BB2B41A2414.jpeg

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Parts to repair the clothes dryer and vitamins.

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm about to order 6 pounds of Positive Pellet Goat Dewormer. They don't stock it in the stores anymore, and it's the only thing my goat will eat voluntarily. Otherwise I have to catch him, and it's a real rodeo to make him swallow anything, even if I can catch him. :rolleyes:

gdw.jpg

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

That's really lovely Yvonne, I would like to get something like that for our dogs...Minky, scruffy, Pablo, and rodders.. who have passed in the last few years...

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Ordered a vacuum cleaner Thursday (11/22) through Amazon, arriving some time after Dec 10th. Got sick of comparing, and finally hit Submit. :confused: We'll see... :rolleyes:

electroluxvacuum1.jpg

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

My grandson is six months old. So of course he desperately needs the following onesies with pics of Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Bret Hart and the Ultimate Warrior. He can wear one of those while playing with Fisher Price Stacking Color Rings.

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

So they make all those for tiny babies do they?..lol...:D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Lulu Moppet likes this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Registered

13. Jack Knight

Jack Knight Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Recycling Catalytic Converters?
    Best Answer: I would guess that the old one would be worth $100 or so. Platinum is $1700 per ounce, the last I knew. You may have trouble selling your old one because in at least certain areas of the country, stealing them off of parked cars is becoming a major crime problem.
    You might want to check this out where you live.

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I found bedsheets that are infused with copper threads on amazon. Since copper is supposed to kill any kind of bacteria or similar thing it seems like they might be good sheets. Plus copper is also said to help arthritis or joint pain.
    I have them on the bed so will see how comfortable they are.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

There is a Limo Service & a small bus. I still use Uber for some trips though.