My Election Day Activities - What Are Yours?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 2, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's a real nightmare.

Terry Coywin likes this.
  2. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

We are going into town in about an hour. I finished putting out the sand bags,and have completed ranging the fire zones. Before we leave I will get all the armaments' and ammunition readied and staged. We vote return home and hole up until we see which way the smoke is blowing!
    Been a sweet run America, gonna miss ya!

Nancy Hart likes this.
  3. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Be very careful with whomever you deal with at the SSA. It took me going through EIGHT different agents, five on the phone, three in person, to get my account adjusted correctly. Very few agents know what they're talking about if a given issue goes off of their flip book of pre-set replies to the most common issues. I was given terrible misinformation, time and again, yet nobody was held accountable for the same. It became a matter of, "Oh, sorry that happened. You can rest assured I will correct the error." (No, each person failed me, yet again, until #8.)

Terry Coywin likes this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

This election has all the excitement and anticipation like New Year's Eve.

Just another day for me.

Frank Sanoica and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

It will be business as usual here. We voted early via absentee ballot and hand delivered them to our county elections board. We are having lunch, taking a nap, making something fun for dinner, watching a movie then we will check and see how the results are coming along.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

To answer for Yvonne, I heard on the radio this morning that anyone who is handicapped or 70 and over can go to the front of the line. There isn’t any curb service that I know of but the folks who are unable to get to the polls have been given over a month or two to register and process their absentee ballots.
    Thus far it seems that some record numbers have been turning up at each of the polling places. In 2016, a person might have had to wait for a couple of minutes to get in and vote but this year the lines have anywhere from 40-150 people waiting to vote and that report was at 8:00 this morning, only an hour after the polls opened.

So far as any other activities go, I might sand down a chair I have been working on then I might clean the shotgun or maybe the other way around.
    Or, I might mow the grass for the last time until spring and clean the shotgun or possibly work on an air compressor then clean the shotgun.
    Otherwise, dunno.

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

You have made an excellent point John.
    We’re not voting for or against a president but for or against agendas. A lot of folks vote for a personality or how a man looks and forget that, especially this time, we’re actually voting for or against several Constitutional values.

8. Peter Renfro

Registered

Went an did the deed. Wife ,daughter and I, in and out about 15 minutes.
    They had a covid station, masks sanitizer and gloves. Lady on her way out must have thought it was door prizes. Grabbed a handful of masks and one of gloves for her purse.
    I was # 140 to cast my ballot!

Now we are hunkering down!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Does this mean that you are getting ready to defend yourself and your wife from the liberal rioters , @Peter Renfro ? If not the rioting democratic liberals, then who (and why)?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We are back from voting , and everything went very well. They had a separate line of the people over 70, or who were disabled, and they took us through , bypassing the people standing in line.
    Even so, the line itself was not bad, so people would not have had to stand there for very long. The people working there were friendly and helpful, and I am glad that it went to easy.

11. Peter Renfro

Registered

No from the conservative taliban that is intent destroying my nation!

12. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Has the liberal media made any projections yet? It's already 12:00 noon.

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Uh, by definition a taliban consists of predominantly Muslim members. By what stretch of the imagination would one consider any or part of the conservative element to be Muslim?
    Since the only Muslims in our Congress that come to mind are indeed Very liberal Democrats and each one is an advocate of violence, how is it that you are able to depict conservatives as “taliban”?

How is it that Obama said it: Words matter?

Terry Coywin and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Tell me about it. I don't know how many times they've assured me in the past that all would be taken care of. They hire idiots believe me.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  15. Peter Renfro

Registered

It completely boggles my mind how we can be raised in and love the same country, yet see things through such completely different lenses.